Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Waypoint/Route/Track question - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Waypoint/Route/Track question (/showthread.php?tid=6006)

[CA11] Waypoint/Route/Track question - SeanC - 07-05-18 05:12 PM

Hi All,

Using the es127 MFD or Voyageplanner software, it's extremely easy load/transfer waypoints for our favorite reefs spots.

In the Gulf of Mexico, there are stretches of live/natural/hard bottom that may extend for 10 or 15 miles in length.

What would be the best way to indicate this area on the MFD via a straight line (where I know natural bottom falls to the left and right)? Set up a route or track in voyageplanner and export to the MFD? I would prefer to avoid using a top waypoint and bottom waypoint, but I suppose if that is the best solution it will work.

Any advice or experience with this situation is greatly appreciated!

Sean

RE: [CA11] Waypoint/Route/Track question - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-06-18 02:33 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Sean,

Your suggestion to use a route and then display the route would indeed be the method which I would recommend to mark the area. This same advice is often provided to fishermen and others needing to mark the boundaries of a an exclusion zone. Should you know the width of the live natural bottom, then you may want to consider creating a rectangular shaped route where the routes first and last waypoints are the same waypoint. I would also recommend choosing a highly contrasting color for the route.

RE: [CA11] Waypoint/Route/Track question - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-16-18 03:27 PM

You're welcome.