Raymarine forum
unable to read chart using raytech planner - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: PC & Mobile (/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+--- Thread: unable to read chart using raytech planner (/showthread.php?tid=603)

unable to read chart using raytech planner - f_perreault - 04-15-16 04:15 PM

I just bought a new Navionics chart Gold. I downloaded Raytech Planner v. 6.2 and I always get a message ''unable to read chart''. I also have a Multicard reader E86026 and tried with that device without success.
With my old computer, I had Raytech Planner 6.1 and was able to read my old chart using multicard reader E86026.
Can someone help?

Francois

RE: unable to read chart using raytech planner - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-18-16 10:04 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Francois,

What operating system is installed on the computer which is running RayTech RNS 6.2?

RE: unable to read chart using raytech planner - f_perreault - 04-18-16 01:57 PM

Windows 10. I also tried to run RayTech 6.2 using Windows 7 compatibility mode. No success, with or without E86026 Multi Card Reader.On Raymatrine website, it says that the software can read Navionics Gold/Platinum+ and HotMap plug-n-play chart cards (No card reader required. Requires N-Tag enabled chart card). What is N-Tag?
Thanks
François

RE: unable to read chart using raytech planner - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-19-16 09:32 AM

Francois,

Ntag is the title data encryption developed by Navionics for its chart cards and was introduced around 2009-2010. RayTech software development ceased prior to the introduction of ntag file encryption. Per the FAQ found here, Windows 10 is not compatible with the Navionics Multicard Reader is not compatible with Windows 10 (including its compatibility mode options). It is recommended that a PC running Windows XP, 7, or 8 be used with RayTech Planner/RNS 6.1/6.2 software. Alternatively, as indicated within the FAQ, Raymarine Voyage Planner software (replaced RayTech Planner) may be used for Planning Waypoints and Routes. Voyage Planner software supports Navionics ntag file encryption and does not require a proprietary memory card reader.

RE: unable to read chart using raytech planner - f_perreault - 04-19-16 04:00 PM

Thank you. I didn't know about Voyage Planner. I bought it and I am know able to create routes and waypoints and will export to my MFD C90. In the past, I used Ray Tech Planner (free download) to create routes and waypoints without having to enter a key and purchasing the whole software. I understand this is outdated...
Voyage Planner have read my Navionics chart without problem.
Thank you for your advices,

Francois

RE: unable to read chart using raytech planner - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-20-16 10:48 AM

You're welcome.