Raymarine forum
[TG] [TG11] Miracast with the Axiom Pro - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [TG] [TG11] Miracast with the Axiom Pro (/showthread.php?tid=6068)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: [TG11] Miracast with the Axiom Pro - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-13-20 11:22 PM

Hi John,

As someone who spends their working life trying to untangle networking problems over the phone with inexperienced installers or the end-user, I personally am in favour of keeping navigational networks and everything else as separate as possible, but I am sure you're right and that greater integration is the way things will go over time, probably limited only by development resources and demand.

Regards,
Tom

RE: [TG11] Miracast with the Axiom Pro - DevoDave - 02-16-20 11:16 AM

Is anyone having Miracast actually work properly?

I have a brand new and updated Axiom Pro 12 RVX and a brand new and updated Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter less than two feet away.

It connects up ok, but then disconnects randomly. I can usually reconnect ok, but sometimes it takes a few goes.

I have lithium batteries so battery voltage can be discounted. In testing I have switched off everything except the TV and the MFD. I have tried changing the WiFi channel to 1 and 3.

This feature as if stands is entirely useless to me and I have to find an alternative.

RE: [TG11] Miracast with the Axiom Pro - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-19-20 10:53 PM

Hello DevoDave,

If they're that close and the connection is that unreliable then I think there's something else going on. In my working with it in our office environment - lots of electrical noise and other Wifi - I get a consistent, reliable connection over many hours at a range of 8-10m.

If you'd like our Service workshop to check your display, we would be happy to do that. You can get it back to us directly by booking it in at http://www.raymarine.com.au/service-and-support/warranty-repairs-returns/, or you can get it back via your supplying dealer.

Regards,
Tom

RE: [TG11] Miracast with the Axiom Pro - DevoDave - 02-22-20 03:58 PM

Cheers. I think I will have to do that. My laptop connection is rock-solid in the same electrical environment and at 4-5m range.