Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] iTC-5 Compatibility - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Instruments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=117)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] iTC-5 Compatibility (/showthread.php?tid=6123)

[CA11] iTC-5 Compatibility - taylort100 - 07-17-18 02:23 PM

I have an e95, AIS650, i70, i50, and i60. I had purchased an iTC-5 to link my earlier speed through water / temperature sensor to the network. I checked the speed/temp with the older display just prior to the switch to the iTC-5. But, after conversion the speed through the water and temperature data is not shown by the i70.
The i70 sees that the iTC-5 is on the network. I have it connected via the blue ended cable. I have the other blue socket filled with the blue termination plug.
Some people have suggested that the iTC-5 is not universally compatible with all older Raymarine sensors - not sure which mine is ST50 or ST60. Any suggestions for diagnosing this?
Tom, Catalina 380

RE: [CA11] iTC-5 Compatibility - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-17-18 04:36 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tom,

Depth, speed, and temperature transducers which had bee designed for use with ST40, ST50, ST50+, ST60, ST60+, and ST290/ST70 instrument pods should indeed be compatible with an iTC-5. Following installation of the system it would be necessary to use the i70's Transducer Set-up feature to select the iTC-5 and then configure depth and speed (temperature calibration is performed via the speed configuration options). Speed sensors must be calibrated. It is also recommended that you ensure that iTC-5, as well as the other system components, have each been updated with the latest available Raymarine product software updates. Should there be a concern that the speed transducer may have suffered a failure, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing how it may be tested. Should there be a concern that the temperature transducer may have suffered a failure, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing how it may be tested.

Should the above listed items have been addressed and no fault be found with the transducers, then it would be recommended that the iTC-5 be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.