Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 12 and Minn Kota Ulterra question - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Fishfinders (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Axiom 12 and Minn Kota Ulterra question (/showthread.php?tid=6231)

[CA11] Axiom 12 and Minn Kota Ulterra question - sgergen - 07-27-18 05:02 PM

Hi,

Searched the forums and FAQ's, haven't found the answer.

1. I'm wondering if there is a cable adapter to connect my Minn Kota Ulterra with Universal Sonar 2 (US2) to my Raymarine Axiom?

2. Minn Kota just announced a new built in transducer for their trolling motors that will have 2D and Down Imaging (DI). Will Raymarine produce a cable adapter to interface with that?

3. If I am going to mount a transducer on the bottom of the Ulterra and I do not want or need SI or 3D (I've got that transducer mounted on the transom), is the CPT-100 my best bet?

4. I see a 5M and 10M RayNet cable...is there anything in-between?

5. With proper adjustment, should I be able to get a reliable 2D bottom reading from my RV100 at speeds up to 55mph? This is on a deep V multispecies boat in freshwater.

Thank you in advance for your help and answers.

Scott

RE: [CA11] Axiom 12 and Minn Kota Ulterra question - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-31-18 02:21 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Scott,

Q1. I'm wondering if there is a cable adapter to connect my Minn Kota Ulterra with Universal Sonar 2 (US2) to my Raymarine Axiom?
A1. Raymarine offers the A62363 Minn Kota Universal Sonar 2 Adapter Cable to interface this trolling motor to the transducer socket of ax7/cx7/e7D/ex7/eSX7 MFDs. An additional adapter cable may be interfaced to the A62363 to permit it to be interfaced to the Transducer socket of Axiom DV (A80484) and Axiom RV MFDs (A80488).

Q2. Minn Kota just announced a new built in transducer for their trolling motors that will have 2D and Down Imaging (DI). Will Raymarine produce a cable adapter to interface with that?.
A2. Unfortunately, Raymarine products will not be compatible with this product within the foreseeable future.

Q3. If I am going to mount a transducer on the bottom of the Ulterra and I do not want or need SI or 3D (I've got that transducer mounted on the transom), is the CPT-100 my best bet?
A3. Yes, as it will provide both high CHIRP conical sonar (best for locating fish) and DownVision sonar (best for identifying structure) imaging.

Q4. I see a 5M and 10M RayNet cable...is there anything in-between?
A4. Negative.

Q5. With proper adjustment, should I be able to get a reliable 2D bottom reading from my RV100 at speeds up to 55mph? This is on a deep V multispecies boat in freshwater.
A5. While bottom tracking with such hulls at speeds up to the mid-30's is not uncommon, bottom tracking at speeds up to 50 MPH would be a challenge. I typically recommend a compatible 50kHz/200kHz in-hull or thru-hull transducer for high speed bottom tracking.

RE: [CA11] Axiom 12 and Minn Kota Ulterra question - sgergen - 07-31-18 07:40 PM

Thanks Chuck! Looking forward to the Axioms - especially the 3D! I'll be really putting it through the paces when I spend a week on Rainy Lake, MN (and Canadian side) this fall. There can be schools of big crappie, but they are tough to find!

Scott

RE: [CA11] Axiom 12 and Minn Kota Ulterra question - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-01-18 08:57 AM

Scott,

You're welcome. Please note that the RealVision 3D Sonar imaging requires that an Axiom RV MFD within the system be interfaced to a RealVision transducer. Should the system feature a single Axiom RV MFD, then a Y-Cable (A80491) is available to support interfacing the Axiom RV MFD to both the Minn Kota Ulterra and to the RealVision transducer.