Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Downloaded Theyr GRIB Files Don't Display Properly - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Downloaded Theyr GRIB Files Don't Display Properly (/showthread.php?tid=6554)

Pages: 1 2

[CA11] Downloaded Theyr GRIB Files Don't Display Properly - tnesse - 09-04-18 04:40 PM

Using the GRIB viewer on my A95 running version 19-03-00036 subscribed to Theyr weather, often (about 50/50) a request for a high resolution forecast download for wind, precipitation, or combined results in a file that does not display properly. Messages for logging in, requesting data, and downloading data appear in sequence with no error messages. The file size shown for the downloaded file is plausible, but the wind shows as no wind for each time period, and the precipitation shows as clear for each time period. I have not observed the problem with low resolution requests. The data connection is through a cellular hotspot, and the problem is observed on both strong and tenuous connections. Is this a known issue or is there something I can try or configure to access the high resolution files reliably?

RE: [CA11] Downloaded Theyr GRIB Files Don't Display Properly - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-12-18 03:26 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum tnesse,

Please attach one of the problematic GRIB files to this thread for further analysis.

RE: [CA11] Downloaded Theyr GRIB Files Don't Display Properly - tnesse - 09-03-19 08:13 PM

WindPrecip_2019-09-02_15-07-10.grb is BAD
WindPrecip_2019-09-01_18-03-10.grb is GOOD

The same issue is observed when viewing them with XYGrib - so the problem is apparently in the Theyr-supplied data.

RE: [CA11] Downloaded Theyr GRIB Files Don't Display Properly - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-09-19 12:17 PM

tnesse,

Thanks for the providing the requested GRIB files. Please note that the WindPrecip_2019-09-02_15-07-10.grb is also not producing any plot when viewed with Theyr's GRIBView application and with Raymarine RayTech Navigator. I also believe that the problem may be rooted within the data itself and it is accordingly recommended that this apparent data problem be reported to the supplier of this data (support@theyr.com).

RE: [CA11] Downloaded Theyr GRIB Files Don't Display Properly - tnesse - 09-09-19 12:56 PM

Thanks for the response. I've forwarded the thread to Theyr support and we'll see how they respond.
Ted Nesse

RE: [CA11] Downloaded Theyr GRIB Files Don't Display Properly - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-09-19 01:09 PM

Ted,

Should you have any issues with getting a response from Theyr, then please respond accordingly and we'll be glad to intervene.

RE: [CA11] Downloaded Theyr GRIB Files Don't Display Properly - tnesse - 09-19-19 08:07 AM

On 9/11/19 I got this reply from Theyr:

Dear Ted,
thank you for your detailed information on this issue.
Our technical team have already identified the issue and are working to resolve this.
I will notify you as soon as we have a resolution.

Kind regards
Laurence Rankin | Manager | Theyr.com
Theyr Ltd,
Eagle House,

RE: [CA11] Downloaded Theyr GRIB Files Don't Display Properly - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-19-19 08:58 AM

Ted,

Have you tested Theyr weather within the last few days?

RE: [CA11] Downloaded Theyr GRIB Files Don't Display Properly - tnesse - 09-19-19 05:36 PM

I'll be at the boat this weekend, and I'll let you know what I observe.
Thanks!

RE: [CA11] Downloaded Theyr GRIB Files Don't Display Properly - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-23-19 09:51 AM

You're welcome.