Raymarine forum
[TG] ES98 and CP120 Transducer - the lightwave nightmare continues - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [TG] ES98 and CP120 Transducer - the lightwave nightmare continues (/showthread.php?tid=6653)

ES98 and CP120 Transducer - the lightwave nightmare continues - Jjcodex - 09-22-18 04:03 PM

Hi all,

I have manged to successfully roll back Lightwave from 3 to 2 due to lack of support for my autopilot.

In doing so, I have got pretty well most things back the way they were except for the transducer which now has disappeared!

This was a brand new Downvision version bought at same time as ES98. I suspect (and fear!) that the updates has not rolled back for this device so it is ignoring it.

Anybody have the first idea how I might solve this?

HELP!!!!

Thanks in advance

RE: ES98 and CP120 Transducer - the lightwave nightmare continues - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-23-18 10:26 PM

Hello James,

There is no software in the CPT120 transducer, you don't need to worry on that point. The transducer is auto-detected purely on the basis of a sense resistor signal line in the transducer cable, so I am guessing that either your transducer resistance is borderline or through the upgrade-downgrade process, the auto-detection hasn't worked this time. I'd do a power-on reset on the eS98 first of all, if you haven't already. In order to do so, press and hold the Back key as you power up. I assume you don't have any user data in there at the moment, but if so, make sure you back up all your waypoints/routes/tracks etc. before you do so.

If the reset doesn't solve it, come back to me.

Regards,
Tom

RE: ES98 and CP120 Transducer - the lightwave nightmare continues - Jjcodex - 09-24-18 09:20 AM

Thanks Tom

I performed a full factory reset and it came back to life (thankfully!)

Regards

James

RE: ES98 and CP120 Transducer - the lightwave nightmare continues - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-24-18 10:00 AM

You're welcome.