Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] version 4.29 for E 80 - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] version 4.29 for E 80 (/showthread.php?tid=6790)

[CA11] version 4.29 for E 80 - RENATO RAAD - 10-16-18 09:30 PM

I need help because i have two e 80 charpplotters in my boat that are connected, the software version was 4.29, I tried to upgrade the latest version but just one unit has successfully update and the other does not accept the upgrade, now the update unit does not works because it seems to conflict with the master unit that has the 4.29 version
I would like to reinstall the 4.29 version in the unit that have been upgraded but i can not find where download this version, and my radar and transducer are installed in the unit that is not update so I need to go back to the 4.29 version
Thank you for your attention

RE: [CA11] version 4.29 for E 80 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-17-18 09:43 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum RENATO,

It is recommended that both MFDs be updated with v5.69 E-Series Classic MFD software. While uncommon, it has been observed that a CF memory card may be compatible with one of the system's MFDs, but not another MFD within the same system ... this would appear to be the case within your system. However, the problematic E-Series Classic MFD may be updated remotely from the MFD which is compatible with the CF memory card containing the v5.69 E-Series Classic MFD software update files. To do so,
1. Switch both MFDs OFF via their power buttons
2. Insert the CF memory card containing the extracted v5.69 software update files into the memory card reader of the MFD which had been successfully updated
3. Switch ON the MFD which had been previously updated
4. After the MFD has booted to its Raymarine Software Upgrade Utility screen, select the software upgrade package from the Upgrade Packages Available list.
5. Press the UPGRADE REMOTE UNIT function key.
6. Press the UPGRADE REMOTE UNIT ON SeaTalkhs.
7. Switch ON the MFD you will upgrading.
When the progress indicator's Overall bar reaches 100%, the Device software will have been upgraded. Please note that a remote upgrade of MFD software will take significantly longer to complete than would an upgrade which was being performed with memory card reader of the MFD which is being updated.
8. Remove the CF memory card from the MFD's memory card reader.
9. Press MFD's red power button to power OFF the MFD.