Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Connect Yamaha 175 to Axiom 9 - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Networking / System Integration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Connect Yamaha 175 to Axiom 9 (/showthread.php?tid=6836)

[CA11] Connect Yamaha 175 to Axiom 9 - solidnetworks - 10-26-18 12:56 AM

Hi,

i have recently purchased a new boat with a yamaha F175 and Axiom 9,rv100 and rs150 External GPS,

i would like to connect the yamaha to the axiom so that i can get the engine information on the screen.

would i just need to purchase the ECI-100 and connect that? i have taken a photo of the back of the axiom with the connections.

RE: [CA11] Connect Yamaha 175 to Axiom 9 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-26-18 08:51 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum solidnetworks,

Thanks for additionally providing the photo showing the Yamaha Command Link bus and marine electronics SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone within your vessel. It appears that your boat's Yamaha Command Link bus features and unused spur socket. If so, a Raymarine Yamaha Link Cable (E70242) may be used to connect the ECI-100 to the unused spur socket of the Yamaha Command Link bus. It also appears that all spur sockets within your marine electronics SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone are currently in use. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how one may add spur sockets to a marine electronics SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone which has been constructed from SeaTalkng networking components. In this case, it would be recommended that the following components be procured to create additional spur sockets within your system's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone:
- A06033 400mm SeaTalkng Backbone Cable
- A06064 SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector
- (2) A06032 SeaTalkng Spur Socket Blanking Plugs

An A06038 400mm SeaTalk Spur Cable would be recommended for connecting the ECI-100 to a spur socket within the SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector which will be added to the marine electronics SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.

RE: [CA11] Connect Yamaha 175 to Axiom 9 - natedawgsem - 01-27-19 06:17 PM

I have the Axiom Pro and the yamaha MAR-GTWAY-KT-10 Bus to NMEA2000 adapter connected to the NMEA Bus. I receive some engine data such as RPM and fuel, but not al data like hours, trim position, etc. Do I still need the ECI-100 for full compatibility or do I need to review my configuration settings on the Axiom?

RE: [CA11] Connect Yamaha 175 to Axiom 9 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-28-19 11:08 AM

natedawgsem,

No settings need be configured on the MFD regarding the missing data items. This is quite likely a limitation of the Yamaha NMEA 2000 engine gateway or that of the engine itself (i.e. some engine systems may only output a subset of the total list of engine data items supported by the engine gateway). As data from the engine is being displayed by the MFD, it would appear that the products have been correctly interfaced. You may want to consult with Yamaha regarding whether your engine in conjunction with the chosen engine gateway will transmit the missing data items you have specified to a NMEA 2000 backbone. If so, then it would be recommended that a NMEA 2000 bus analyzing tool (ex. Actisense NGT-1-USB w/Actisense NMEA Reader PC software, etc.) be interfaced as a spur device to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to monitor and obtain detailed information concerning the system's SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications.