Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] eS128 running LH3 barometric/fishing maps stutters - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] eS128 running LH3 barometric/fishing maps stutters (/showthread.php?tid=6919)

[CA11] eS128 running LH3 barometric/fishing maps stutters - Pkjv - 11-13-18 12:10 PM

I am running LH3 v3.70.7 with a Navionics 960+ card on the eS128.

All seems fine, except for when activating the barometric/fishing detailed maps. It takes 2-3+ minutes to load the chart and often times only portions of the chart load. I do have a lot of sonar chart live tracks that were created on an older e125 Series (prior to the eS128) on this same Navionics card that I am now using for the eS128 and it also have a good amount of lsd-cache on it.

I used to run LH2 on the e125 with a side by side barometric and detailed Navionics+ without performance issues (map load probably took 10-20seconds).

Before trying things out with all user data removed from the Navionics card (again: I have quite a bit of sonarchart-live data on the card), I wonder if there is a known issue running barometric/fishing charts with LH3 on the eS128.

RE: [CA11] eS128 running LH3 barometric/fishing maps stutters - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-13-18 01:59 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Pkjv,

We haven't received any similar reports of such issues which were related to the LightHouse 3 software. Most such cartography performance issues are traced back to a problem with the chart card, its contents, or with the MFD's memory card reader. When the SonarChart Live feature is configured OFF, is the same performance issue observed?

RE: [CA11] eS128 running LH3 barometric/fishing maps stutters - Pkjv - 11-13-18 03:09 PM

Hi Chuck

Thanks for your response. I will try out the other memory card slot and will also try out SonarChart Live configured off. I will report back next week.

RE: [CA11] eS128 running LH3 barometric/fishing maps stutters - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-13-18 03:46 PM

You're welcome.

RE: [CA11] eS128 running LH3 barometric/fishing maps stutters - Pkjv - 11-20-18 05:03 PM

Hi Chuck

Reporting back on the recommendation to run with SonarChart Live configured off. That did not make a change, however when I turned of sonar login altogether the performance issues disappeared. I also connected with Navionics and they recommended removing the combined old e125/eS128 and remove files from the trash can (using a MacBook).

Removing the files by itself did not resolve the issue, but once I also removed it and also the trash can files things worked just fine.

Hope this message might help others.

Pat

RE: [CA11] eS128 running LH3 barometric/fishing maps stutters - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-21-18 10:28 AM

Thanks for the follow-up comments.