Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Raymarine UAV drone app live view cannot be recorded from Axiom Screen? - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Fishfinders (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Raymarine UAV drone app live view cannot be recorded from Axiom Screen? (/showthread.php?tid=6934)

[CA11] Raymarine UAV drone app live view cannot be recorded from Axiom Screen? - ray18 - 11-16-18 09:22 AM

Hi, I finally bought my Mavic Pro drone (open box with discount-2 cables missing) and tested the Axiom UAV drone app a few weeks ago. I always use my IOS built in screen recorder to record Axiom screen with Rayview app and (iPhone connected to Axiom wifi) so I tried to record the Axiom screen with Mavic Pro drone live view that was reflected in the Axiom screen. But, Drone live view was NOT shown on my iPhone screen even though it was shown on the Axiom 9" screen.

So. I just use my iphone pic/video app to record the Axiom screen. But, I had 2 problems:

(1) iphone was interfereing the Axiom so iphone video has 2 black lines,
(2) sunglare.

2 Questions for Raymarine engineers:
(1) what can I do on my iphone or Axiom to stop the interference?
(2) Can you fix it so that Axiom screen can be seen in Rayview app on iphone?

Thanks.

RE: [CA11] Raymarine UAV drone app live view cannot be recorded from Axiom Screen? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-16-18 01:47 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum ray18,

As you have suggested, the RayView, RayRemote, and RayControl apps cannot display video (UAV, Netflix, IP camera, analog, etc.). Such video is only supported for viewing directly on the MFD's screen. Unfortunately, the only way to record UAV video would be directly to a microSD memory card which is inserted into the UAV's memory card reader. The black lines which you are referring to are likely lines associated with the screen refreshing / redrawing. This same symptom would commonly be observed if one were to try recording the image of a television screen. In a nutshell, the recording device would have to have a configuration setting to synch the shutter to the screen refresh. Such capabilities are typically found only in fairly sophisticated video cameras equipment.

A feature request will be considered to include such video within that which is cast, transmitted by the MFD's HDMI port, or streamed to the Raymarine Mobile Apps within future LightHouse software and future MFD designs.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.

RE: [CA11] Raymarine UAV drone app live view cannot be recorded from Axiom Screen? - ray18 - 11-16-18 03:31 PM

Yes, that would work too for me. just a dump question. How do I do that? I didn't know you have a button that I can record what's on Axiom screen into the microSD card.

Thanks for the quick response.

RE: [CA11] Raymarine UAV drone app live view cannot be recorded from Axiom Screen? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-16-18 04:31 PM

ray18,

The Record and Snapshot features are addressed within Chapter 16.2: UAV app overview of the [url= https://raymarine.app.box.com/s/3t839g2xf6nko4n0h9re535140rknnpz/file/154895711704]LightHouse 3.7 Advanced Operation Instructions[/url] ... see the screen snapshot below addressing the UAV app's features labeled "1" and "2".

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2456]