Raymarine forum
Adding Devices - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: Adding Devices (/showthread.php?tid=694)

Pages: 1 2

Adding Devices - Firewater - 04-29-16 09:29 AM

I have 3 gs165 displays, one of my problems is that my SR150 Sirius Weather is not being shown on the device list under diagnostics thus I am unable to get my Device ID to sign my device up to the Sirius service. I receive audio thru my Fusion 750, should I use that radio ID for the Weather service also?

RE: Adding Devices - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-29-16 10:49 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Firewater,

In order for the MFD to recognize the Sirius Satellite Weather/Radio receiver, the operator must first correctly configure the system's Weather Receiver Type setting (HOME->SET-UP->SYSTEM SETTINGS->EXTERNAL DEVICES->WEATHER SET-UP->RECEIVER TYPE) to match the model of Sirius/SiriusXM Satellite Weather/Radio Receiver which has been installed onboard the vessel. After doing so and the system recognizes the Sirius Satellite Weather/Radio receiver, you will then be able to access the receiver's ID. Please additionally note, that Raymarine released a software update for the SR150 last year and the SR150 must be operating with the latest software update as well.

RE: Adding Devices - Firewater - 04-29-16 11:05 AM

At that screen only options are source STHS or STng which is it?

RE: Adding Devices - Firewater - 04-29-16 11:10 AM

For informational purposes all of this is on a 2016 Yellowfin 42 with Mercury motors/vessel view. I have 3-gs165's . Everything was installed and configured at Yellowfin.

RE: Adding Devices - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-29-16 11:39 AM

Firewater,

It would appear that the software within your MFDs and several revisions behind the current rev. It is correspondingly recommended that the software within these MFDs be updated with the latest a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software update. Upon completion of the update, your system will respond in the manner which I have previously specified.

RE: Adding Devices - Firewater - 04-29-16 11:43 AM

Is the update something I can perform? If so please provide link.

RE: Adding Devices - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-29-16 12:06 PM

The MFD and SR150 software updates are indeed designed to be easily performed by end users. A link to the SR150 software update web page was included within my initial response and a link to the MFD's software update web page was included within my last response.

RE: Adding Devices - Firewater - 05-09-16 02:05 PM

I completed the MFD updates and the SR150 still does not show up on my device list. I had a Raymarine tech look at it and he said he would have to take the unit and hook it up to older versions on another MFD in order to update the SR150 software he tried this going back to versions 6.00 but was still unable to update the SR150. He said the only fix is to send the unit back in, do you any other options? Would a new unit off the shelve have the updated software? Pease advise.

RE: Adding Devices - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-09-16 02:39 PM

It is recommended that you again download the SR150 software update zip file to your computer, that its contents be extracted/copied and then pasted into the root level directory of a microSD memory card. After doing so, the autorun files attached to this response should be downloaded and pasted into the root level directory of the microSD memory card, replacing those which had previously been pasted into the root level directory of the microSD memory card.

Should following the recommendations provided within this response not result in successful updating of the SR150's software, then it is recommended that the Converter be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be updated.

As indicated within the initial response, after performing the update, you must then correctly configure the system's Weather Receiver Type setting to specify that the system's Receiver Type is the SR150.

RE: Adding Devices - Firewater - 05-18-16 11:21 AM

The auto run files did not work. I sent the unit back to Raymarine to be updated, they said this is very common as they have to sell what's on the shelve.