Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] i60 Wind System Anemometer Failure - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Instruments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=117)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] i60 Wind System Anemometer Failure (/showthread.php?tid=6980)

[CA11] i60 Wind System Anemometer Failure - JYLC48 - 11-28-18 04:02 PM

Hello -

I bought an i60 wind sensor and display (mechanical) in on 3/17/17.

Over the last 3 months it has intermittently displayed bad wind speed readings. Right now it's varying between 0 and 99.9 knots in a steady 15 knot breeze.

Now it never works (i.e. it always shows random numbers).

The wind direction works fine.

I have reconnected it at the mast head and at the display to rule out a flaky connection. All contacts looks shiny and new.

The wire to the masthead was new installed with the masthead unit.

I am currently in Easter Island and will next travel to the Marquesas, so clearly a warranty repair is very complicated for me.

I have an oscilloscope I can use to debug, if a technician can give me directions.

Regards
Jordan
SY Quasar

RE: [CA11] i60 Wind System Anemometer Failure - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-30-18 12:07 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jordan,

The fault may be rooted within the wind transducer, its cable, or within the i60 Wind instrument itself. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to test the wind transducer and its cable. Should testing identify a fault with the wind transducer, then it would need to be sent to one of Raymarine’s Product Repair Centers to be bench checked / serviced. Similarly, if no fault is found with the wind transducer when tested, then the i60 Wind instrument would need to be sent to one of Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. Repairs may be booked via the link found on Raymarine Warranty & Repairs web page (link provided above).