Raymarine forum
[TG] [TG11] Need Warranty Repair info in French Polynesia - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: [TG] [TG11] Need Warranty Repair info in French Polynesia (/showthread.php?tid=6993)

[TG11] Need Warranty Repair info in French Polynesia - JYLC48 - 11-30-18 11:53 AM

Hello -

I have a 1.5 year old i60 wind instrument and analog display that I bought new in the US from Defender. I am now in Rapa Nui and will soon sail to the Marquesas in French Polynesia.

The unit is failing and I need to get it repaired, but I need to know how to do this from such am remote location.

If someone with customer support can message me to help resolve this I'd appreciate it. I am about to start a 2000 mile crossing with no wind speed display, which is not something I look forward to. Needless to say I will need to get this unit repaired ASAP once I arrive in Nuku Hiva

Regards
Jordan

RE: [TG11] Need Warranty Repair info in French Polynesia - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-06-18 06:31 PM

Hello Jordan,

There are two options in French Polynesia:

1. Contact a company called STH Marine (direction.sav@sthmarine.com, +68 98776 3671), who hopefully will be able to help. We've only recently started the relationship with them, but at least one of their staff was with our previous distributor in PF and so has experience, and we'll do whatever we can to support them of course.

2. Replace through this office (Sydney.) To go this way, we'd need details of the nature of the problem, a photo of your proof-of-purchase, the serial number of the product in question (white label on the back) and a street address that we could have a replacement shipped to. Normally we'd require the failed product to come to us for investigation but can sometimes make exception for low-value products and clear faults.

Regards,
Tom