Raymarine forum
[DG] [DG11] E80 Classic Network Software Update Problem - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [DG] [DG11] E80 Classic Network Software Update Problem (/showthread.php?tid=7096)

[DG11] E80 Classic Network Software Update Problem - hadjiosif - 12-23-18 09:31 AM

I have two E80 classics on a seatalkHS network including analog radar and DS300. I was successful in downloading the new software on the data CF card (I know I took a risk) and updated the software of the Master unit Successfully. It then asked to update remote via ethernet and I said yes...it pulled up a blank IP address etc..table and then it goes to remote update FAILED. I suppose it should have populated the table with the info of the remote unit..but it didn't. The network works fine displaying radar, sonar, and chart data on both units and all green lights flashing on the ethernet interface. I also tried to update the DS300 software the same way but it never recognized the DS update software after rebooting and proceeded to boot to the chart data successfully. Nothing in the menu to ask for sonar update.
The slave E80 card reader pins are damaged/bent and cannot accept a card.
Now I have the Master updated with v5.69 software and the slave working on 5.23 version and seems to work fine. Should I worry about having different software versions?
When I do a System Diagnosis/External Interfaces it shows an Ethernet interface active but has no information on the attached remote systems.
Can you help?
Thanks./

RE: [DG11] E80 Classic Network Software Update Problem - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-02-19 09:57 AM

Hi hadjiosif

Thank you for your enquiry,

The Master E80 classic 'should' update the slave unit via HSB, however, there is a possible issue over the sequencing, make sure that you initiate the remote update, BUT then turn the slave unit off and then back on again - the remote update should then proceed. If it does not, then the unit wil need to be returned to the Raymarine service centre.

You should ensure that both displays are running the same software version.

Regards
Derek

RE: [DG11] E80 Classic Network Software Update Problem - hadjiosif - 01-05-19 02:23 PM

Derek,
Thanks for the useful information on rebooting the E80 slave. Will try that next week but would like your opinion on the DSM300 sonar software update issue as well as stated in my original posting. (I also tried to update the DSM300 software the same way but it never recognized the DS update software after rebooting and proceeded to boot to the chart data successfully. Nothing in the menu to ask for sonar update). The DSM300 update files were copied to the root directory on the same card after deleting the E80 update files. Thanks, Lee

RE: [DG11] E80 Classic Network Software Update Problem - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-08-19 08:32 AM

Hi hadjiosif

If the E-classic (Master) is not booting into the “autorun” page, but instead is going into the Main Application, then the E-Classic is not seeing the autorun file on the CF card. This could be due to a Card issue, or a card reader issue, or an incorrect autorun file issue.

If you are running the latest E-classic software (v5.69) then in order to upgrade the DSM300G, you should be using these files (you need to extract the zip file contents onto the root directory of the CF card:
download here

We have on-line instructions here that may be of more help:
click here

regards

Derek