Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Connecting RS150 GNSS to HS5 SeaTalk us Network Switch - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Networking / System Integration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Connecting RS150 GNSS to HS5 SeaTalk us Network Switch (/showthread.php?tid=7099)

[CA11] Connecting RS150 GNSS to HS5 SeaTalk us Network Switch - ToTheLimit - 12-24-18 09:19 PM

Just received my new RS150GNSS antenna but cannot connect it to my HS5 SeaTalk hs Network Switch with the gable provided. What do I have to order to make this work?

Thanks,

Bill

RE: [CA11] Connecting RS150 GNSS to HS5 SeaTalk us Network Switch - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-26-18 10:23 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bill,

The RS150 is not designed to be interfaced / adapted to be mated to an Ethernet network. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

RE: [CA11] Connecting RS150 GNSS to HS5 SeaTalk us Network Switch - ToTheLimit - 01-12-19 02:17 PM

Hi Chuck,

I am not network savvy, I know in one of my earlier posts you recommended that I buy the RS 150. I read the post that you sent me and basically it is all very confusing to me. So I will just tell you what I have and what I am trying to do and maybe you can point me in the right direction If possible in simple terms such as order this part and attach it to this cord lol. I have two A78’s and a HS5 SeaTalk hs, Raymarine Radar, depth finder and my reacently aquired RS150GNSS. I just noticed that the RS150 GNSS will plug into the back of the a78’s. will this work? It will not plug into the back of the HS5 SeaTalk hs. If I plug it into the back of one of the a78’s, will this work? If not what do I have to buy? Thanks again.

RE: [CA11] Connecting RS150 GNSS to HS5 SeaTalk us Network Switch - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-14-19 10:45 AM

Bill,

As indicated within the prior response it is not possible to adapt the Raystar 150 GPS Sensor to be interfaced to the system's Ethernet Network (ex. HS5 RayNet Network Switch, RayNet/SeaTalkhs socket of a MFD, etc.). Per the FAQ found here, it is also not possible to interface two devices having a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface directly to one another via a single spur cable. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing addressing how the Raystar 150 GPS Sensor may be interfaced to your system's Data Master a78 MFD.