Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Transducer Connection to Seatalkng - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product Selection Assistance (/forumdisplay.php?fid=124)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Transducer Connection to Seatalkng (/showthread.php?tid=7249)

[CA11] Transducer Connection to Seatalkng - Redman - 01-19-19 07:13 AM

I am in planning stages of upgrading my old electronics to Seatalk ng system. As part of the system, I plan to utilize the DST800 smart transducer with an i70s instrument. I believe the DST800 comes with a 3m spur cable, which is hardwired at the transducer end and a female STng plug at other end. I will need more length then 3m to get to my STng 5-way connector located at the helm. The transducer will be one "end" of my STng network which needs to be properly terminated.
I believe I can use a backbone extension cable from the 5-way connector to get down to the transducer, then utilize either a T-connector or an in-line terminator to connect the transducer spur. If I use a T-connector, I will need a terminator plug. If I use the in-line terminator, I will not need this.
Am I on the right track? Are there better options?

RE: [CA11] Transducer Connection to Seatalkng - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-22-19 10:22 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Redman,

Q1. I believe I can use a backbone extension cable from the 5-way connector to get down to the transducer, then utilize either a T-connector or an in-line terminator to connect the transducer spur. If I use a T-connector, I will need a terminator plug. If I use the in-line terminator, I will not need this.
Am I on the right track? Are there better options?
A1. This is indeed the correct solution to closing the distance between the SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector located at the helm and the DST800.

RE: [CA11] Transducer Connection to Seatalkng - Redman - 01-22-19 12:22 PM

Perfect. Thanks a ton Chuck!!!

RE: [CA11] Transducer Connection to Seatalkng - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-22-19 01:25 PM

You're welcome.