Raymarine forum
[DG] [DG11] i70s wind "magnifying glass" ? - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Instruments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=117)
+--- Thread: [DG] [DG11] i70s wind "magnifying glass" ? (/showthread.php?tid=7266)

[DG11] i70s wind "magnifying glass" ? - REGIS - 01-22-19 08:31 AM

Hi,
could the i70s disp an wind "magnifying glass", namely graphic wind angle just between 0° and 60°, when you go upwind ? I can't find this information nor the manual or the web pictures..
Sorry for my bad english, and thanks for your answer !
Regis

RE: [DG11] i70s wind "magnifying glass" ? - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-22-19 10:29 AM

Dear Regis,

The display you are referring to is the Close Hauled Wind display, this can be seen on the i60 instrument seen here part number E70062.

This display can be selected on the i70s display when editing the custom pages.

regards
Derek

RE: [DG11] i70s wind "magnifying glass" ? - REGIS - 01-23-19 02:39 PM

Hi Derek,
Thank you for your answer, and the accurate terminology.
I haven't found this display picture nowhere (on the i70s).
In the i70s manual, page 70, concerning WIND Data Items, I can read " AWA (CH) & AWS": I guess that "CH" mean "Close Hauled", am I right ?
So the i70s is able to disp the picture joined, but with the apparent Close hauled wind angle on the left compass-rose, can you confirm ?
Sorry for these repetitions, but it's important for me.
Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Regis

RE: [DG11] i70s wind "magnifying glass" ? - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-24-19 04:35 AM

Hi REGIS,

'CH' refers to 'Close Hauled' which is the magnified 0 to 60 degrees segment of analogue wind display.

This picture below

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2581]

shows the option of TRUE WIND ANGLE CLOSE HAULED TWA(CH), there is also an option in the set up for APPARENT WIND ANGLE CLOSE HAULED too.

Regards

Derek

RE: [DG11] i70s wind "magnifying glass" ? - REGIS - 01-24-19 02:17 PM

Thank you !! Perfect.
Regis

RE: [DG11] i70s wind "magnifying glass" ? - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-25-19 04:35 AM

Hi Regis,

Your'e welcome!

Regards
Derek