Raymarine forum
[CA] CA11] New Generation (EVO) Pilots with legacy Control Head ST70 - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: [CA] CA11] New Generation (EVO) Pilots with legacy Control Head ST70 (/showthread.php?tid=7271)

CA11] New Generation (EVO) Pilots with legacy Control Head ST70 - Caymanpete - 01-22-19 05:05 PM

I have searched the threads for this one, but only found a comment on one that a 'modern' control head is to be used with the EVOLUTION autopilot system. I would like to retain the ST70 Pilot. The remainder of my instruments are ST60/ST70 and I don't need the 'Lighthouse' capability of the new P series instruments just yet (quite happy with my Classic E120 and its ancillaries, at the moment!).

So the question is do I need to replace my SPX10/Type 1 hydraulic pump/ST70 with the EVO system or can I retain the existing pump and ST 70 control head to use with the new EVO computer and EV sensor core.

PCH

RE: CA11] New Generation (EVO) Pilots with legacy Control Head ST70 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-22-19 05:34 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum PCH,

Should you need to replace the SPX10 and seek to replace it with and Evolution EV-1 and ACU-150 (for 12V system) or ACU-200 (for 12V or 24V) systems, then it would be necessary to also replace the ST70 autopilot control head with a p70S or p70R autopilot control head. The currently installed Type 1 Hydraulic Pump may be retained for use with the new ACU-150 or ACU-200 actuator control unit. If the subject autopilot will be installed onboard, then it would be strongly recommended that the E-Series Classic MFD (updated with v5.69 E-Series Classic MFD software) be interfaced as a spur to the powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone which will interface the Evolution autopilot components to one another. Raymarine offers the A06061 4.92in (1.5m) E-Series to SeaTalkng Adaptor Cable to accomplish this end.