Raymarine forum
[DG] [DG11] Running Diagnostics - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Radar (/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+--- Thread: [DG] [DG11] Running Diagnostics (/showthread.php?tid=7296)

[DG11] Running Diagnostics - gs12tim - 01-26-19 11:26 AM

Hi All - new member here.

I have an 18" digital radome scanner connected to an e7 MFD.

I recently had the standing rigging replaced, and of course the mast was removed, laid horizontally on supports for a couple of weeks and then stepped.

While the mast was on the hard, I replaced most of the wiring with the exception of the power & coax for the Radome.

Now when I power up the radar it slowly displays lines - like spokes on a bicycle wheel.

I've read threads where you can navigate a menu to run diagnostics for the scanner - and the thread refers to "soft keys" at the bottom of the screen. When I navigate to "scanners" - I do NOT see soft keys on the screen.. am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Tim

RE: [DG11] Running Diagnostics - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-28-19 08:36 AM

Hi Tim,

I believe the diagnostics you are referring to were associated with the analogue radar antenna.

The Digital Radome and e7D combination do not have such diagnostics.

The fault you describe, indicate a fault within the radome, likely the IF PCB, but the radome will need to be removed to a Raymarine Service dealer for repair.
Regards
Derek

RE: [DG11] Running Diagnostics - gs12tim - 01-28-19 10:39 AM

Ah.. got it. thanks for the clarification and the suggested next steps..

Can the radome be removed without destepping the mast?

Cheers, Tim

RE: [DG11] Running Diagnostics - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-29-19 06:02 AM

Hi Tim,

The radome can be removed without unstepping the mast, obviously be careful when working at heights, but the cable can be unplugged and left protected.

Regards
Derek

RE: [DG11] Running Diagnostics - gs12tim - 01-29-19 10:06 AM

Great- thanks again for the prompt responses Derek!

RE: [DG11] Running Diagnostics - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-29-19 12:08 PM

Hi Tim,

You're welcome!

Regards

Derek