Raymarine forum
[DG] [DG] ITC-5 compatibility with ST5000+ - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: [DG] [DG] ITC-5 compatibility with ST5000+ (/showthread.php?tid=7310)

[DG] ITC-5 compatibility with ST5000+ - RobNZL - 01-28-19 09:18 PM

Is the ITC-5 compatible with the ST5000+ autopilot?

I currently have ST60 Wind and Tridata with ST5000+ autopilot and separate Nmea2000 chart plotter. I was looking to add seatalkng backbone with i70s and ITC-5. Thought the ST5000+ could be connected to the Seatalkng network via the Seatalk1 to Seatalkng converter.

This leaves me with instrument connections. I know the wind, depth and speed/temperature Tranducers (all analog Raymarine/Airmar) can connect to ITC-5. My question is can the fluxgate compass and rudder reference sensors also connect to the ITC-5 or do they need to connect directly to the back of the ST5000+ unit?

I had read SPX and evolution course pilots needed direct connection so wanted to check for ST5000+. Thanks.

RE: [DG] ITC-5 compatibility with ST5000+ - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-29-19 12:17 PM

Hi RobNZL

Thankyou for your enquiry,

The fluxgate compass and the Rudder reference unit must always connect to the Autopilot - so in your case, connect them to the back of the ST5000+ control head.

Regards
Derek