Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Networking / System Integration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer (/showthread.php?tid=7446)

Pages: 1 2 3

[CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer - ventus - 02-14-19 08:52 AM

I am upgrading electronics on my sailboat. Here is what it currently has (all at the helm).

ST60+ Tridata
ST60 Wind
ST6001 SmartPilot
S2 Course Computer (Linear Drive)
RC435i Chartplotter

This year I am keeping everything but the RC435i and adding the following:
Axiom 7 - At Nav Station
AIS 700 - At Nav Station
Axiom 9 - At Helm (This replaces the RC435i)

Next Year I plan to replace The ST60's and the ST6001 with 2 i70s' and a p70s but keep the existing S2 Course computer and linear drive.

I have attached a diagram I created for this years project. Could you please look this over and let me know if it is correct? Also, a few questions about it:

1. What do I need to connect the S2 course computer to the new network. I think I need the 254238 conversion kit, but am not sure about wires. The course computer lives in a stern locker about 10-15' away from the nav pod helm station where all of the new networking will be. I would like to be able to just plug in the new control head next year. Basically I am looking to be able to follow tracks and waypoints on the Axiom and have it work with the S2.

2. My plan is to configure the Axiom 7 as the Data Master thus it is connected to the backbone. I would like to configure the Axiom 9 as the GPS Master since it is above deck. Is this a correct setup? Should the 9 also be connected to the backbone (could be connected to an open slot on the 254238 converter)? If not what is done with the cable?

3. The 16' length of backbone I am not sure if it is long enough. Can I attach any length of backbone cable with a A06030 backbone extender? For example, the 9' section that comes with the starter kit, I could use a smaller cable where I currently have that.

Power Connection Questions:

1. My plan is to use a BlueSeas ST Blade 6 Circuit with Negative Bus Fuse Block to connect the following:

Axiom 7 - 7.5 amp fuse (calls for 7 but they only have 7.5)
Axion 9 - 7.5 amp fuse
AIS - 3 amp fuse
Old ST60+, ST60, and ST6001 - what amp fuse?
Backbone - 5 amp fuse? This will have what is shown in diagram plus the 2 i70's, p70s, and wind, speed and depth transducers next year.

2. What is the best gauge wire to extend the Axiom's and the AIS if needed, I know 2 wire, but what gauge?

3. Where is the best place to ground the grey wire that comes off the Axioms?

4. I have seen some boats have their AIS on all the time, even when sitting at anchor or dock...the way I have this setup the instruments would need to be powered on all the time for this to happen...is there a better practice way to wire power to the AIS so it is on all the time? Should it be on all the time?

Lastly, along with this plan, later on down the road I plan to install radar to this system. I know I will need to add a HS5 to expand the networking but just making sure I am setting up my system to be able to expand to that down the road.

Thank you!
Scott

RE: [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-14-19 02:20 PM

Q1. I have attached a diagram I created for this years project. Could you please look this over and let me know if it is correct?
A1. The diagram implies that the AIS700 is designed to function as a NMEA 2000 to NMEA 0183 data bridge or that the AIS700 will produce 4800 BAUD NMEA GPS sentences based upon position determined by its own internal GPS receiver. Neither of these implications would be correct. If seeking to interface the ICOM VHF radio to the system to receive GPS data, then it would be recommended that an E70196 VHF NMEA 0183 to STng Converter Kit be included with the system's powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.

The diagram should be annotated to specify that the red lead of the SeaTalk cable linking the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng to the S2 autopilot course computer's SeaTalk port should not be connected to the red SeaTalk terminal of the S2. Instead, this lead will be insulated to prevent shorting. The S2's other SeaTalk port should be used to to interface the ST60 instruments and ST6001 for the time being. When the ST6001 is later replaced with a p70S, the p70S must be directly connected to the S2's SeaTalk port rather than as a spur to the backbone.

Q2. What do I need to connect the S2 course computer to the new network. I think I need the 254238 conversion kit, but am not sure about wires. The course computer lives in a stern locker about 10-15' away from the nav pod helm station where all of the new networking will be. I would like to be able to just plug in the new control head next year. Basically I am looking to be able to follow tracks and waypoints on the Axiom and have it work with the S2.
A2. The SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable supplied with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit is approximately 1m in length. Given the distance from the S2 autopilot course computer, the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable should be connected to a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block which will then be connected to an appropriate length of SeaTalk Cable having press-fit 3-pin plugs on each end. This SeaTalk Cable will then be led to the S2, where it's plug will be removed, permitting cable's data (yellow) and ground (shield) leads to be connected to the S2's SeaTalk terminals. See the comment above addressing the red lead of this cable.

Q3. My plan is to configure the Axiom 7 as the Data Master thus it is connected to the backbone. I would like to configure the Axiom 9 as the GPS Master since it is above deck. Is this a correct setup? Should the 9 also be connected to the backbone (could be connected to an open slot on the 254238 converter)? If not what is done with the cable?
A3. SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications will exclusively be conducted by the system's Data Master MFD. Some will interface a second MFD to the backbone to support operating only one of the system's MFDs at any time. The latter installation option also provides a level of redundancy in the resulting system.

Q3. The 16' length of backbone I am not sure if it is long enough. Can I attach any length of backbone cable with a A06030 backbone extender?
A3. Yes.

Q4. My plan is to use a BlueSeas ST Blade 6 Circuit with Negative Bus Fuse Block to connect the following: Old ST60+, ST60, and ST6001 - what amp fuse?
A4a. 5A

Q4b. Backbone - 5 amp fuse?
A4b. Correct

Q5. What is the best gauge wire to extend the Axiom's and the AIS if needed, I know 2 wire, but what gauge?
A5. Please click here to view a West Marine article addressing this subject.

Q6. Where is the best place to ground the grey wire that comes off the Axioms?
A6. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing drain leads.

Q7. I have seen some boats have their AIS on all the time, even when sitting at anchor or dock...the way I have this setup the instruments would need to be powered on all the time for this to happen...is there a better practice way to wire power to the AIS so it is on all the time? Should it be on all the time?
A7. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q8. Lastly, along with this plan, later on down the road I plan to install radar to this system. I know I will need to add a HS5 to expand the networking but just making sure I am setting up my system to be able to expand to that down the road.
A8. Other than setting up power circuits to support operation of the equipment in the desired manner, you're on the right track. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing considerations for binnacle / pod mounted products.

RE: [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer - ventus - 02-15-19 11:21 AM

I removed the VHF from the diagram as I only had it on there to show that the AIS would pass the VHF antennae to it, not planning on connecting it to share GPS coordinates at least at this time.

Raymarine - The diagram should be annotated to specify that the red lead of the SeaTalk cable linking the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng to the S2 autopilot course computer's SeaTalk port should not be connected to the red SeaTalk terminal of the S2. Instead, this lead will be insulated to prevent shorting. The S2's other SeaTalk port should be used to to interface the ST60 instruments and ST6001 for the time being. When the ST6001 is later replaced with a p70S, the p70S must be directly connected to the S2's SeaTalk port rather than as a spur to the backbone.

Scott - I updated the diagram and noted the red wire not being connected. What is the best way to insulate it? I assume I just keep the Seatalk1 instruments ran exactly how they are? How would I connect the p70s to the S2's SeaTalk port and how will the p70s get its power, from the S2 Seattle port?

Raymarine - The SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable supplied with the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Kit is approximately 1m in length. Given the distance from the S2 autopilot course computer, the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable should be connected to a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block which will then be connected to an appropriate length of SeaTalk Cable having press-fit 3-pin plugs on each end. This SeaTalk Cable will then be led to the S2, where it's plug will be removed, permitting cable's data (yellow) and ground (shield) leads to be connected to the S2's SeaTalk terminals. See the comment above addressing the red lead of this cable.

Scott - Updated diagram. Should the unused port on the D244 be plugged in any way with a blanking plug or just left alone? Also how is the converter kit mounted inside the nav pod? Screws? If so to what? Double sided tape?

Raymarine - SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications will exclusively be conducted by the system's Data Master MFD. Some will interface a second MFD to the backbone to support operating only one of the system's MFDs at any time. The latter installation option also provides a level of redundancy in the resulting system.

Scott - Updated diagram. I would like to have the redundancy if needed, but my question is, with the diagram as it is now, will I still be able to use both MFD's at the same time? I would still dedicate one as the master data and the other as the master gps. Is this correct?

Scott - I also added a second page to the diagram illustrating electrical connections, does this look good? I would like to combine everything except AIS to a single switch, thus using the blade fuses. I plan to use the gauges shown in marine grade duplex wire. Is this correct?

Scott - Regarding the drain leads....I am not sure if my boat has a bonding cable. If it does not, how does one connect these leads to the Yanmar engine block?

I think I am getting there...thank you very much for your help!

RE: [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-15-19 12:39 PM

Scott,

Q1. I removed the VHF from the diagram as I only had it on there to show that the AIS would pass the VHF antennae to it, not planning on connecting it to share GPS coordinates at least at this time.
A1. Today's VHF radios, as well as most produced over the last 15 years+ have supported DSC features to include automatically transmitting the vessel's coordinates when a distress call is initiated. Should the VHF radio support DSC features, then it would be strongly recommended that the VHF radio be interfaced to the system as a safety feature for the vessel. If not, then it would be strongly recommended that new VHF be in the vessel's electronics wish list. This safety feature is so strongly believed that future VHF radios will be mandated by international regulations to include a built-in GPS sensor to support sending the vessel's coordinates with distress calls.

Q2a. I updated the diagram and noted the red wire not being connected. What is the best way to insulate it?
A2a. Common electrical insulating material may be used for such purposes (ex. liquid electrical tape, electrical tape, shrink tubing, etc.)

Q2b. I assume I just keep the Seatalk1 instruments ran exactly how they are?
A2b. I don't know how they are presently installed, but suspect that they have been daisy chained together and have been interfaced to one of the S2 course computer's SeaTalk ports. If so, no need to change anything.

Q2c. How would I connect the p70s to the S2's SeaTalk port and how will the p70s get its power, from the S2 Seattle port?
A2c. Until the ST60 instruments are replace, the p70S may simply be daisy chained to the ST60 instruments. Raymarine offers the A06047 / 15.7in (0.4m) SeaTalk Spur Socket to SeaTalk (press-fit 3-pin plug) Adapter and the A06073 / 39.4in (1.0m) SeaTalk Spur Socket to SeaTalk (press-fit 3-pin plug) Adapter to support this end.

Q3a. Updated diagram. Should the unused port on the D244 be plugged in any way with a blanking plug or just left alone?
A3a. The D244 features a tethered blanking plug to fill an unused socket

Q3b. Also how is the converter kit mounted inside the nav pod? Screws? If so to what? Double sided tape?
A3b. The ST-STng Converter is designed to be secured to its mounting surface with screws. If the pod's shell is too thin to accommodate doing so, then a mounting block may be fabricated and epoxied to the inside of the pod to accommodate securing the ST-STng Converter.

Q4a. Updated diagram. I would like to have the redundancy if needed, but my question is, with the diagram as it is now, will I still be able to use both MFD's at the same time?
A4a. There was never an issue with simultaneous operation of the MFDs. The latest diagram will support both simultaneous operation of the MFDs as well as individual operation of the MFDs.

Q4b. I would still dedicate one as the master data and the other as the master gps. Is this correct?
A4b. Whenever more than one MFD is operating within an Ethernet network of MFDs, one of the MFDs must be designated as the system's Data Master MFD. This MFD need not necessarily be the one which is providing GPS data to the system.

Q5a. I also added a second page to the diagram illustrating electrical connections, does this look good? I would like to combine everything except AIS to a single switch, thus using the blade fuses. I plan to use the gauges shown in marine grade duplex wire. Is this correct?
Q5a. The diagram appears to be technically correct. While this is not how I would typically recommend doing so (see previously referenced FAQ), designing the system's circuits should be based upon how the equipment will be operated ... which in the end, a personal choice. Given the nature of some of the questions asked, you may want consider getting yourself a good book on boat electrical systems (ex. Boatowner's Mechanical and Electrical Manual - Calder, etc.).

Q6. Regarding the drain leads....I am not sure if my boat has a bonding cable. If it does not, how does one connect these leads to the Yanmar engine block?
A6. Typically, the engine block will feature a stud or bolt to which grounds, and in this case drain leads, be attached.

RE: [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer - ventus - 02-19-19 10:01 AM

Hi Chuck,

I updated the diagram again and included the E70196 to connect the VHF to AIS. Is this wired correctly? I assume I don't need to use the spur cable or the power cable from the E70196 kit since the backbone will already be powered and the yellow cable will be used for connection to the VHF.

Regarding the p70s connection. I am going to replace all ST60 instruments at once. Right now the course computer will be wired as shown in the diagram to the ST6001. I assume, when I replace my ST60's, the i70s will be connected to the SeaTalkng backbone and the p70s will be connected to the E22158 with a spur cable?

Regarding the drain leads, I did find the stud on the back side of my Yanmar that grounds connect to. I assume it is ok to run the drain leads from both Axiom displays and the AIS 700 to this location? Also, what gauge wire should be used for this and does that depend on length and AMP draw as well?

I noticed in the AIS install manual that there is also an RF ground in addition to the drain lead. Should this also be attached to the Yanmar ground and also what gauge wire?

Thank you for your recommendation on that book, I ordered it. I am new to wiring on a boat and all of your help is greatly appreciated!

RE: [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-19-19 02:19 PM

Scott,

Q1a. I updated the diagram again and included the E70196 to connect the VHF to AIS. Is this wired correctly?
A1. Yes.

Q1b. I assume I don't need to use the spur cable or the power cable from the E70196 kit since the backbone will already be powered and the yellow cable will be used for connection to the VHF.
A1b. Correct.

Q2a. Regarding the p70s connection. I am going to replace all ST60 instruments at once. Right now the course computer will be wired as shown in the diagram to the ST6001. I assume, when I replace my ST60's, the i70s will be connected to the SeaTalkng backbone
A2a. Yes

Q2b. and the p70s will be connected to the E22158 with a spur cable?
A2b. Negative. When a p70/p70S/p70R/p70RS Autopilot Control Head is used with a S1/S1G/S2/S2G/S3/S3G Autopilot Course Computer, the p70/p70S/p70R/p70RS Autopilot Control Head will not be interfaced as spur to the backbone or to the SeaTalk socket of a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Instead, the p70/p70S/p70R/p70RS Autopilot Control Head must be interfaced directly to one of the SeaTalk ports of the autopilot course computer. To do so, an A06047 / 15.7in (0.4m) SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Spur Socket Adapter will be connected to the p70/p70S/p70R/p70RS Autopilot Control Head and to a D244 SeaTalk Junction Block. The D244 SeaTalk Junction Block will then be connected to the S1/S1G/S2/S2G/S3/S3G Autopilot Course Computer's SeaTalk port (use the SeaTalk port which is not connected to the ST-STng Converter) via an appropriate length of SeaTalk Cable having press-fit 3-pin plugs on each end. The SeaTalk Cable's plug will be removed, permitting cable's three leads (power (red), data (yellow), and ground (shield)) to be connected to the S1/S1G/S2/S2G/S3/S3G Autopilot Course Computer's SeaTalk terminals.

Q3a. Regarding the drain leads, I did find the stud on the back side of my Yanmar that grounds connect to. I assume it is ok to run the drain leads from both Axiom displays and the AIS 700 to this location?
A3a. Correct.

Q3b. Also, what gauge wire should be used for this and does that depend on length and AMP draw as well?
A3b. 14 gauge wire should suffice.

Q4a. I noticed in the AIS install manual that there is also an RF ground in addition to the drain lead. Should this also be attached to the Yanmar ground
A4a. Yes

Q4b. what gauge wire?
A4b. See my response to Q3b.

RE: [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer - ventus - 02-19-19 02:46 PM

Almost there....

For the VHF to AIS700 connection, do I really need the E70196 converter? I have an Icon IC-M422 VHF. It has NMEA IN and NMEA OUT leads on it. I noticed on the AIS700 that its power cable has NMEA 0183 Hi and Low Outputs and Inputs. Could I just connect that cable to the VHF? If so do I use Hi or Low?

If not and I need to use the converter kit as shown in my latest diagram, I assume all of those wires on the power cable (with exception of the power cable) are just insulated ends not connected to anything. Then the backbone cable delivers the position data to the converter which is then delivered to the VHF radio. Correct?

Lastly, I forgot to add in an RMK-10 to the diagram. I want to install it next to the Axiom 9 at the helm to only control that MFD. I noticed in the box today that it looks like it connects via a Raynet to Raynet cable. Since I already have a 30' Raynet to Raynet cable going out of that MFD to the other MFD how can I connect this RMK-10 to this display? I don't want to control the Axiom 7 with it, only the Axiom 9 it will be next to. I first assumed the only way to do this would be to get another 30' Raynet to Raynet cable and run both to the Nav station where a HS5 switch would go, but I'd rather not get into all of that if I dont have to. Also, how is the RMK-10 powered, from the network connection only or do I need to use the additional power inlet?

Thank you!

RE: [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-19-19 03:19 PM

Q1. For the VHF to AIS700 connection, do I really need the E70196 converter?
A1. Negative. The AIS700 should simply be connected to an available spur socket within the backbone. You last diagram correctly showed that it had been connected to one of the spur sockets of a SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector.

Q2a. I have an Icon IC-M422 VHF. It has NMEA IN and NMEA OUT leads on it. I noticed on the AIS700 that its power cable has NMEA 0183 Hi and Low Outputs and Inputs. Could I just connect that cable to the VHF? If so do I use Hi or Low?
A2. Negative. The AIS700 is not designed to function as a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 to NMEA 0183 data bridge. While some MFDs feature a NMEA 0183 communications interface which may permit the AIS700 to be interfaced via NMEA 0183 to the MFD, Axiom MFDs do not.

Q3. If not and I need to use the converter kit as shown in my latest diagram, I assume all of those wires on the power cable (with exception of the power cable) are just insulated ends not connected to anything.
A3a. It is unclear which power cable(s) you are referring to. If referring to those on the AIS700, indeed it's NMEA 0183 leads will not be used and should simply be insulated.

Q3a. Then the backbone cable delivers the position data to the converter which is then delivered to the VHF radio. Correct?
A3a. Correct.

Q4a. Lastly, I forgot to add in an RMK-10 to the diagram. I want to install it next to the Axiom 9 at the helm to only control that MFD. I noticed in the box today that it looks like it connects via a Raynet to Raynet cable. Since I already have a 30' Raynet to Raynet cable going out of that MFD to the other MFD how can I connect this RMK-10 to this display?
A4a. Axiom MFDs each feature a single Ethernet Network (RayNet) communications interface, permitting them to be interfaced to one other compatible device having an Ethernet Network communications interface. Should the MFD need to be interfaced to additional devices having an Ethernet Network communications interface (ex. RMK-9/10), then a HS5 RayNet Network Switch will need to be installed within the system. After doing so, the Ethernet Network (RayNet) communications interface of each MFD and RMK-9/10 would be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.

Q4b. I don't want to control the Axiom 7 with it, only the Axiom 9 it will be next to. I first assumed the only way to do this would be to get another 30' Raynet to Raynet cable and run both to the Nav station where a HS5 switch would go, but I'd rather not get into all of that if I dont have to.
A4b. Unlike Axiom Pro MFDs, Axiom MFDs feature a single Ethernet Network (RayNet) communications interface, prohibiting the RMK-9/10 from being additionally interfaced directly to the Axiom MFD. Accordingly, it will need to be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch as indicated within my response to Q4a.

Q4b. How is the RMK-10 powered, from the network connection only or do I need to use the additional power inlet?
A4b. A Power Cable is included with the RMK-9/10 to supply it with power. Alternatively, the RMK-9/10 may be powered from a FLIR 4113746 POE Injector. The latter option would eliminate having to additionally chase power leads to the location of the RMK-9/10. If using a POE injector, then an appropriate length of RayNet(F) to RJ45(M) Cable would be used connect the HS5 RayNet Network Switch to the POE injector and from the POE injector to the RMK-9/10.

RE: [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer - ventus - 02-20-19 08:24 AM

Ok, new diagram attached.

I left the VHF connection how I had it like you recommended.

I have been assuming that the Axiom 9 is indeed compatible with the RMK-10, is this correct? Just confirming.

For the RMK-10, I added the HS5 in the Nav Station and connected both Axiom displays to it as well as RMK-10. I will just run power wire for the RMK-10 instead of doing the FLIR POE. It is a 30' long (60' there and back run), according to the West Marine article, I should use 10/2 AWG for a 5 amp run of that length....I know the RMK-10 does not draw 5 amps...thoughts on gauge wire? I also have it running though a 1 amp fuse since I think that is the smallest....good there?

I saw that a Raynet to Raynet cable came in the box for the RMK-10, can I just use that in place of the A80161 I currently have on my diagram for the Axiom 7 to HS5 connection? I wasn't sure if it was a different type of Raynet cable in the box for the RMK-10.

For the HS5 I have it running through a 1 amp fuse as well with 18/2 since it is a very short run to power. Good there?

Also, I suppose the RMK-10 and HS5 also need drain wires sent to the Yanmar? Is it ok to connect multiple 14 AWG drain wires together at the nav station and also the helm, then run (1) 14 AWG wire from the bundle down to the Yanmar or does each unit requiring a drain wire need to be separate?

I think I might actually be good to go after this round. :-) I very much appreciate all of your wonderful help with this!

RE: [CA11] Configure New Network and Incorporate S2 Course Computer - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-20-19 09:43 AM

Scott,

Q1. Ok, new diagram attached.
A1. The new diagram appears nearly complete with respect to Ethernet, SeaTalk, SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000, and NMEA 0183 networking. The only things which appears to be missing is the autopilot control head's connection to the autopilot course computer's SeaTalk socket. The diagram also does not address how the ST60 instruments will be interfaced to the system.

Q2. I have been assuming that the Axiom 9 is indeed compatible with the RMK-10, is this correct? Just confirming.
A2. MFDs running LightHouse 3 software are compatible with both the RMK-10 and the RMK-9.

Q3. For the RMK-10, I added the HS5 in the Nav Station and connected both Axiom displays to it as well as RMK-10. I will just run power wire for the RMK-10 instead of doing the FLIR POE. It is a 30' long (60' there and back run), according to the West Marine article, I should use 10/2 AWG for a 5 amp run of that length....I know the RMK-10 does not draw 5 amps...thoughts on gauge wire? I also have it running though a 1 amp fuse since I think that is the smallest....good there?
A3. The gauge of wire is a bit heavier than I would have thought necessary for the RMK-9/10. I would have thought that 12-14 gauge would have been sufficient.

Q4. I saw that a Raynet to Raynet cable came in the box for the RMK-10, can I just use that in place of the A80161 I currently have on my diagram for the Axiom 7 to HS5 connection? I wasn't sure if it was a different type of Raynet cable in the box for the RMK-10.
A4. As long as the lengths of the RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cables purchased or included with products are sufficiently long enough to meet ones needs, there would be no need to purchase additional RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cables.

Q5. For the HS5 I have it running through a 1 amp fuse as well with 18/2 since it is a very short run to power. Good there?
A5. Like the SeaTalkhs Network Switch which it replaced it is recommended that the circuit supplying power to HS5 RayNet Switch be protected with a 2A fuse. I would recommend using 14 or 16 gauge wire.

Q6a. Also, I suppose the RMK-10 and HS5 also need drain wires sent to the Yanmar?
A6b. Yes. As indicated within the previously referenced FAQ, all drain leads should be run to the same point.

Q6b. Is it ok to connect multiple 14 AWG drain wires together at the nav station and also the helm, then run (1) 14 AWG wire from the bundle down to the Yanmar or does each unit requiring a drain wire need to be separate?
A6b. Yes.