Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Fuel readings for individual engines / tanks - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Networking / System Integration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Fuel readings for individual engines / tanks (/showthread.php?tid=7629)

[CA11] Fuel readings for individual engines / tanks - Madwill - 03-10-19 03:30 PM

Background:

Using a dedicated A68, set up 2 x 300hp Suzuki engine interfaces using a N2K network. All works great, got all the engine data I need.

Using the Raymarine Fuel manager, it only asks for total fuel capacity. In the DATA screen and under FUEL, when customising, you can select Fuel remaining Tank 1 and Tank 2.

Can you use these fields with an engine interface, or are these designed for fuel tank sensors / senders?

How do I set initial capacity and assign, for example Tank 1 to Port Engine?

As they will only show % remaining, I think they may only be for senders, but thought I would check.

Cheers Adam

RE: [CA11] Fuel readings for individual engines / tanks - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-11-19 12:57 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Adam,

Q1. Can you use these fields with an engine interface, or are these designed for fuel tank sensors / senders?
A1. As you have suggested the tank level data items are exclusively intended to be populated from data received from NMEA 2000 fluid level sensors. The LightHouse II/3 Fuel Manager feature will only populate the Est. Fuel Remaining, Fuel Flow Total, Economy, Distance To Empty, Time to Empty, Fuel Used (Trip), and Fuel Used (Season) data items.