Raymarine forum
[DG] [DG11] ST4000 (black) MK1 wired remote pinout - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: [DG] [DG11] ST4000 (black) MK1 wired remote pinout (/showthread.php?tid=7841)

[DG11] ST4000 (black) MK1 wired remote pinout - thedoublee - 04-03-19 04:12 PM

I have come across a wired remote for my old Raymarine Autohelm ST4000 (black control head) that is missing the mating plug that was meant to be installed in the console. I need to know what the pinouts are for the remote cable in order to connect it to the control head. Thanks!

RE: [DG11] ST4000 (black) MK1 wired remote pinout - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-08-19 10:57 AM

Hi thedoublee

Thankyou for your enquiry.

Please can you send pictures of the remote? There were two black versions, one was SeaTalk with 3 pins and one had 4 pins and preceded SeaTalk and so cannot be connected to the ST4000 display.

Picture of the SeaTalk compatible remote [Image: attachment.php?aid=2858]

Thanks
Derek

RE: [DG11] ST4000 (black) MK1 wired remote pinout - thedoublee - 04-15-19 11:06 AM

Thanks for the reply, and I think that answers my question about the remote. Apparently I have the 3-pin Seatalk version, I made a guess at the Seatalk connections based on the colors of the wires and hooked it up to the control head and the control head is responding. I am assuming gray=ground, red=red and yellow=yellow.

I have a question about the difference between the ST4000+ and ST5000+, specifically can the st5000+ be used with a wheel pilot.

Let me know if I need to start a new thread for this question, thanks!

Evan

RE: [DG11] ST4000 (black) MK1 wired remote pinout - Louise - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-17-19 10:06 AM

Dear thedoublee,

Thank you for your query.

The ST5000+ is capable of driving the wheel pilot, please be aware that we no longer have any spares for this product.

Many Thanks
Louise