Raymarine forum
[LW] [LW11] Axiom on n2k network with st70 - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Networking / System Integration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: [LW] [LW11] Axiom on n2k network with st70 (/showthread.php?tid=7886)

[LW11] Axiom on n2k network with st70 - donwinchell - 04-09-19 08:32 AM

I have installed an Axiom 9 with lighthouse 3 software (replacing a Pathfinder RL80C chart plotter) into an existing system that has Seatalk1, NEMA 0183 and N2K networks. The install went mostly fine and I can get readings of; depth, speed, course, ship location, fuel level etc. on the Axiom. There is a Seatalk to Seatalkng converter installed that is used to connect the Axiom to the existing Seatalk1 instruments and the N2K instruments and data sources (including an ST70 device).

The minor problem comes from some kind of conflict between the ST70 instrument and the Axiom. when trying to set the "datamaster" on the Axiom, the only instrument that shows in the list is the Axiom, the ST70 does not show. I can apparently select the Axiom as the datamaster. However, when I go to networking > data sources and try to manually select a GPS, I get a message saying something like ' manual selection is not allowed while the ST70 is on the network' .
If I disconnect the ST70 from the N2K network, then I can make manual selections of data sources.
I have tried to do a factory reset of the ST70, with the intention being of then making it NOT the "first instrument on the network", but I can not find out where to do this. Or more accurately when I do click "factory reset", it does not seem to have any effect.

The other odd thing is that the Axiom internal GPS does NOT show up as a selectable data source. but if I go to GPS datum, the internal GPS does show up as a source for GPS datum.

a related question, is: is there some way to verify if my AIS is working with the Axiom if there are no AIS targets present? The AIS feeds the Axiom via an Actisense NEMA 0183 to N2K converter. In other words is there some indication that an AIS is present on the network? There is a list of N2K items that does show the Actisense "bridge" itself, but is there a way to know an AIS is sending data if there are not targets in the vicinity?

RE: [LW11] Axiom on n2k network with st70 - Louise - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-12-19 07:24 AM

Dear donwinchell,

Thank you for your query.

Have you got the latest software on the Axiom, Lighthouse version 3.8.105?

The Axiom will always be the datamaster if it is a standalone MFD, you will not see the ST70 in this list as it is an instrument not an MFD and you will not be available to select as a datamaster.

The ST70 does not support master data source selection - all the time the ST70 is on the network you will not be able to use this function.

Have you got an external GPS source installed on the network? From Lighthouse 3.8.95 the GPS will default to the external GPS source as the master taking priority over the internal GPS.

What is your AIS unit? Is it a receiver only or a transceiver?
Have you got the actisense set correctly for AIS data? This needs to be on 38400 baud rate and not 4800 baud rate.

Many Thanks
Louise