Raymarine forum
How can I determine the model of transducer which has been interfaced to my system? - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Fishfinders (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: How can I determine the model of transducer which has been interfaced to my system? (/showthread.php?tid=794)

How can I determine the model of transducer which has been interfaced to my system? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-10-16 09:51 AM

How can I determine the model of transducer which has been interfaced to my system?

During manufacturing, a tag identifying the transducer make, model, and product ID is affixed to the plug end of Raymarine or Airmar fishfinder transducer's cable. The product name (ex. B319 B260, B744V, P66, P79, etc.) identifies a family of transducers rather than a single transducer, each of which is designed for a specific manufacturer and fishfinder or instrument product offered by that manufacturer. As such, the transducer's product ID(s) should be used in determining compatibility of the transducer with Raymarine's fishfinding products. The product ID(s) of fishfinder transducers are printed on a tag which is affixed to the plug end of the transducer's cable. Should the transducer have been manufactured by Airmar, Inc. then this transducer's tag may include an Airmar part # as well as the part number of the corresponding customer (Raymarine, Furuno, Simrad, etc.).

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2345]

Raymarine neither recommends, nor supports adapting transducers which have been designed for use with third party fishfinding products to instead be used with Raymarine fishfinding products. Similarly, Raymarine transducers which have been designed for use with depth instruments may not be adapted for use with Raymarine fishfinding products. Finally, splicing fishfinder transducer cables is neither recommended nor supported, as spliced fishifnder transducer cables typically yield poor fishfinder performance and may result in damage to the fishfinder.

The transducer model specified on this tag should be used when configuring the Transducer selection setting of the Fishfinder application (MENU->SET-UP->TRANSDUCER SET-UP->TRANSDUCER).

RAYFAQ#