Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Battery voltage on MFD - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Product and Feature Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Battery voltage on MFD (/showthread.php?tid=797)

[CA11] Battery voltage on MFD - Capt. Antonio Amaral - 05-11-16 07:42 AM

t would be good to display the MDF supply voltage on the screen
in my C125 I did not find this option

thanks

RE: Battery voltage on MFD - marchem - 05-17-16 05:05 PM

I agree. I know that on the e7D it is being measured, because you can find it in the diagnostics. It would be great to have that available as a data display.

RE: Battery voltage on MFD - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-18-16 08:21 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Antonio and marchem,

The current design of LightHouse II software limits the a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs to displaying data from a NMEA 2000 battery voltage monitor (ex. Maretron DCM 100, Actisense EMU-1, etc.). A feature request will be submitted consider support for the addition of a supplied voltage data item within a future a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software update as well as within future product designs.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.

RE: Battery voltage on MFD - marchem - 08-30-18 05:20 PM

Any update on this request? Seems like buying a NEMA 2K battery voltage monitor is a pricey solution. I've also got a Victron battery monitor, and they make an adapter that outputs NEMA 2K, but it's also quite pricey.

Thanks, Rob

RE: [CA11] Battery voltage on MFD - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-31-18 09:20 AM

Rob,

MFDs running the latest LightHouse 3 software (v3.6.32 at the time of this response) currently support a Supply Voltage data item whereby the MFD can report the voltage level which is being supplied to it. However, this feature was never included within a LightHouse II software update and no future LightHouse II software updates currently expected.

RE: [CA11] Battery voltage on MFD - marchem - 08-31-18 10:15 AM

Given that the e7D can't run LightHouse 3 I appear to be out of luck. Oh well, if that's my biggest problem I can't complain...

RE: [CA11] Battery voltage on MFD - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-31-18 10:23 AM

You're welcome.