Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Quantum 2 Doppler Noise - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Radar (/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Quantum 2 Doppler Noise (/showthread.php?tid=8012)

[CA11] Quantum 2 Doppler Noise - dkneedler - 04-23-19 02:09 PM

My new Quantum 2 Doppler starts up fine with only a light hum of the array spinning. After about 45 minutes of use the array begins to make a loud groaning sound and does not stop until turned off then on again. The radar is backstay mounted on a gimbal the environment was 65 degrees F, 70% relative humidity. Do i need to replace the unit or is this typical?

RE: [CA11] Quantum 2 Doppler Noise - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-23-19 03:43 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum dkneedler,

The reported symptom is indeed not normal and it would be recommended that the Quantum 2 radome be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. If the radome was purchased less then 30 days ago, then it would be recommended that it be returned to your authorized Raymarine dealer for replacement.

RE: [CA11] Quantum 2 Doppler Noise - dkneedler - 04-23-19 09:05 PM

Thank you!

RE: [CA11] Quantum 2 Doppler Noise - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-24-19 07:47 AM

You're welcome.

RE: [CA11] Quantum 2 Doppler Noise - will40 - 04-27-19 12:16 PM

Hello Chuck

I have put an order in for the Quantum 2 radome and have been told by my dealer that there is currently a back order.

Can you confirm this for me, and if true would you have any idea of a time frame for for release?

Thanks

Will

RE: [CA11] Quantum 2 Doppler Noise - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-29-19 10:23 AM

Will,

Unfortunately and as this forum is staffed by technical support staff, product availability data is not available. However, please click here to view a FAQ addressing where you may obtain the requested product availability information.