Raymarine forum
[LW] [LW11] Itc-5 not working - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Instruments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=117)
+--- Thread: [LW] [LW11] Itc-5 not working (/showthread.php?tid=8048)

[LW11] Itc-5 not working - spycatcher - 04-26-19 09:37 AM

I bought a i70s system pack and the wind anamometer is not working, depth is erratic, the only thing that appears to work is log and temp

RE: [LW11] Itc-5 not working - Louise - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-26-19 10:58 AM

Dear Spycatcher,

Thank you for your post.

How have you installed the i70 system pack?

What are the indicator lights doing on the iTC-5?

Are you running the latest software on everything. Is the depth transducer in the water?

It would help if you could send us a system diagram of your installation.

Many Thanks
Louise

RE: [LW11] Itc-5 not working - spycatcher - 04-28-19 10:01 AM

Hi Louise, thank you for the reply. I have attached a schematic of my system

the indicator lights on the itc-5 are as follows:

depth, constant green
speed/temp, fast intermittent. green
wind, slow intermittent. green

i am running the latest software and the depth transducer is in the water

I had the whole system running fine when i laid it out on my living room floor about a month ago. it is now installed on my boat.
i found a thread on wind voltages and the readings on the wind instrument are within the parameters
the a75 mfd occasionally has bouts of constantly rebooting itself and it is getting a constant 13.0 volts

when i goto set-up/system settings/data sources/wind. i get the following error message:

the following devices are preventing data source selection
ISO(55 d5 7c e7 00 8c 8c c0) CAN (43)

i occasionally get the same error message with depth

the wheel pilot appears to work fine on track mode
the log/temp appears to work fine
the depth can be erratic at times ie. it will show a depth of 8 feet when i am in 300 odd feet of water

i have tried taking the i70s of the network and running it as a stand alone and the wind is still the same, not working

i have run the mfd as a stand alone of the network and it still has bouts of constantly rebooting itself and occasionally freezes completely and i have to switch it off at the panel to reboot it. i have a navionics card in it and thought that might be the problem, so ran it without the card and the problems are still the same

i will have to go and sweep the cabin sole now as there are tufts of my hair all over it.

cheers

Rob

RE: [LW11] Itc-5 not working - Louise - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-29-19 10:03 AM

Dear spycatcher,

Thank you for your response.

Can you please provide a list of the devices with their software levels on your network?

If you have got the latest software on all of the products, please update them.

What are the crosses on the first 5 way block? Are these the terminators? Or a terminator and a blanking piece?

There is a product on your STng backbone blocking your multiple data selection - are there any third party products on the network?

How have you installed the wind transducer? Have you checked the wiring to ensure there are no loose connections or water ingress anywhere?

You may benefit from one of our authorised dealers coming to have a look for you, you can locate the nearest here.

Many Thanks
Louise

RE: [LW11] Itc-5 not working - spycatcher - 04-29-19 02:15 PM

Hi louise, thank you for your help in this matter, it is driving me crazy. Also i am supposed to be heading off on a long trip at the end of the week, the crew is all lined up.

I am a retired computer/network engineer, i thought when i retired all my network headaches would be gone, not so :-(

The devices and software versions on the network are:

Raymarine a75 mfd. Vers 19.03-00036
Raymarine p70s. Vers 3.07
Raymarine i70s. Vers 3.11
Raymarine acu 100. Vers 2.23
Raymarine ev-1. Vers 3.01
Raymarine itc-5. Vers 1.12
Raymarine ais 650. Vers 040200.02.02.00

There are no third party devices connected to the system.

The mfd is connected to the internet via wifi and when i ask it to check for software updates, it searches and then shows a message saying all systems are up to date.

The crosses on the first 5 way are a terminator and blanking plug

The ais 650 is the CAN(43) which seems to be causing the error message. I switched it off and removed it from the network but no change.

I installed the anemometer as per the instructions in the booklet about a week ago, so there has been no time or rain for any water ingress.

Ref. Your suggestion of getting a raymarine engineer involved. I have just spent thousands updating to this raymarine system, everything was bought new within the last 3 months, so i am reluctant to be spending any more money unnecessarily.

PS. I also tried connecting it as in the attached pic, it was just the same

RE: [LW11] Itc-5 not working - Louise - Raymarine - Moderator - 04-30-19 07:03 AM

Dear spycatcher,

Thank you for your query,

Not all of your products are up to date;
Raymarine a75 mfd. Vers 19.03-00036 - up to date
Raymarine p70s. Vers 3.07 - current v3.08
Raymarine i70s. Vers 3.11 - current v3.16
Raymarine acu 100. Vers 2.23 - up to date
Raymarine ev-1. Vers 3.01 - current v3.02
Raymarine itc-5. Vers 1.12 - up to date
Raymarine ais 650. Vers 040200.02.02.00 - up to date

You can download the software via the website here. (Please ensure you read all of the information relating to upgrading your software)

As far as the wind instrumentation goes - it is either a fault with the transducer, the cable or the iTC-5. Have you made any cuts in the transducer cable in the installation?

You need to either get the transducer and the iTC-5 in to us for testing or get a dealer on board who can bring some products to test the system.

Many Thanks
Louise

RE: [LW11] Itc-5 not working - spycatcher - 05-01-19 06:42 AM

Hi louise, i managed to up date all of the products.
The wind transducer cable is split at the bottom of the mast to allow the mast to be removed
I tested the wind transducer, i get the following readings. Red 7.94 green 0.164 yellow 0.5/1.5 blue 4.16
Can you tell me what these readings indicate
These readings were taken at a time when there was very little wind

Can you tell me how i can test the itc-5

Can you tell me where there is a raymarine test centre near me

Cheers

Rob