Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Update via mSD to 3.9 stuck - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Update via mSD to 3.9 stuck (/showthread.php?tid=8175)

Pages: 1 2

[CA11] Update via mSD to 3.9 stuck - dtfeld - 05-08-19 07:04 PM

I attempted to update firmware after installing a Quantum 2 radar. At first all looked well, with the countdown time showing about 11 minutes. Once it counted down to 0, it has been stuck at 0 for about 1/2 an hour is this normal? I accidentally turned the radar unit to off instead of stand by.

Old vesion was 3.8, new 3.9

RE: [CA11] Update via mSD to 3.9 stuck - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-09-19 04:05 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum dtfeld,

What version of software was installed within the MFD when the Quantum software update was attempted? Is the Quantum 2 radome interfaced to the system via a Quantum Data Cable or Digital Radar Cable?

RE: [CA11] Update via mSD to 3.9 stuck - dtfeld - 05-09-19 06:29 PM

I called tech support and they requested i download a fresh copy of the update, reformat the sd card, and remove everything except the mfd update .iso. Additionally I removed all sd cards (I had 3 installed) except the one the .iso file was on. All the file work was done on a PC.

It finally took.

RE: [CA11] Update via mSD to 3.9 stuck - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-10-19 08:10 AM

I'm glad to learn that the software update took. For our own knowledge, please respond to the questions within my initial response to your thread.

RE: [CA11] Update via mSD to 3.9 stuck - dtfeld - 05-15-19 02:03 PM

I believe the firmware version was 3.8.105, and the Quantum 2 was interfaced via a brand new Quantum 2 10m data cable that was supplied with the Quantum 2 radar unit as a kit.

RE: [CA11] Update via mSD to 3.9 stuck - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-15-19 03:09 PM

dtfeld,

I have no information to share on why you may have experienced the problem performing the radome software update if the MFD was at LightHouse 3 v3.8.105. Please be advised there is a bug in LightHouse 3 v3.9.46 where it will not upgrade a Quantum or a Quantum 2 radome, using the ISO files. It does not matter whether the radome is connected via WiFi or RayNet. Raymarine will be addressing this bug within the the LightHouse 3 v3.10.x release.

The workaround is to either:
• Update the Quantum or Quantum 2 radome's software prior to updating the MFD with LightHouse 3 v3.9.46 …. or
• Downgrade the MFD's software to LightHouse 3 v3.8.105, upgrade the Quantum, then re-upgrade the MFD to LightHouse 3 v3.9.46.

RE: [CA11] Update via mSD to 3.9 stuck - dtfeld - 05-15-19 07:09 PM

To be clear...

I was unable to update the MFD from either download direct to the MFD or download to a mSD card on a pc. I started a new thread on the download issues.

I was able to select the radar update (unselect the MFD and wired network updates) and update the radar.

Dave

RE: [CA11] Update via mSD to 3.9 stuck - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-16-19 08:24 AM

Noted.

RE: [CA11] Update via mSD to 3.9 stuck - dtfeld - 05-24-19 07:29 AM

For future reference, can you tell me where to find older versions of the firmware? On the website, the only version I could find was the most current.

RE: [CA11] Update via mSD to 3.9 stuck - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-24-19 07:33 AM

Dave,

Very shortly, an in the future, the Software History table of the MFD software update web pages will include a link to the last software update.