Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] LH3 update es128 weather/radar question - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] LH3 update es128 weather/radar question (/showthread.php?tid=8196)

[CA11] LH3 update es128 weather/radar question - rltrbill - 05-10-19 11:59 AM

I just updated my es128 and es98 to LH3. On the home screen, the icon(app) for my Sirius weather disappeared. When I go to customize the home screen, weather is not an option. How do I view weather? It is a SR150.

Also- my radar was set up with -6.5 bearing alignment with LH2 (it is was just a touch off when mounted). In LH3, there isn't a negative number for adjustment. It says 006.5P. If I Lower the number, it doesn't go to negative. What do I set it at?

RE: [CA11] LH3 update es128 weather/radar question - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-10-19 02:04 PM

Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Bill,

Q1. When I go to customize the home screen, weather is not an option. How do I view weather? It is a SR150.
A1. The LightHouse 3 Weather mode is accessed from bottom of the Chart application's menu (i.e. within the Chart application, select MENU, and then scroll to the bottom to view the option for Weather). Details of this other Weather mode features may be found within Chapter 9: Weather mode of the LightHouse 3.9 Advanced Operation Instructions

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3002]

Q2. Also- my radar was set up with -6.5 bearing alignment with LH2 (it is was just a touch off when mounted). In LH3, there isn't a negative number for adjustment. It says 006.5P. If I Lower the number, it doesn't go to negative. What do I set it at?
A2. Rather than expressing bearing alignment offset in - / + degrees as in LightHouse II, bearing alignment offset in LightHouse 3 is expressed in P (port) / S (starboard) degrees. In this case, -6.5 equates to 6.5 P degrees to port

RE: [CA11] LH3 update es128 weather/radar question - rltrbill - 05-13-19 01:48 PM

Thank you....
Is/has there been a update to the Sirius software? I ask because I frequently get a MFD reboot when viewing weather. It did it before LH3 upgrade and I experienced it today as well with LH3. Under my "product information" in my master MFD- I didn't even see the Sirius 150 listed to be able to see what version of SW it is running....

RE: [CA11] LH3 update es128 weather/radar question - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-13-19 03:48 PM

rltrbill,

As indicated on the SR150's software update web page, there have been no software updates to the SR150 since the Oct 2015 release of the 20150209 Patch. Unfortunately, the diagnostic features of LightHouse 3 software are not yet as well featured as those of LightHouse II v19.03 and does not include any SiriusXM Satellite Weather / Radio diagnostics. Should you not have performed a Factory Reset (HOME->SET-UP->THIS DISPLAY->FACTORY RESET) to the MFD after updating from LightHouse II to LightHouse 3, then it is recommended that you do so.

In the event of uncommanded system and applications reboots, the MFD will typically generate error logs. These logs may be saved to a microSD memory card for analysis by Raymarine's engineering team. However, before sending in logs, it would be recommended that system's logs be erased (HOME->SETTINGS->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->ERASE LOGS), that the MFD's software be updated with LightHouse 3 software update available, that a Factory Reset be commanded to the MFD (HOME->SETTINGS->THIS DISPLAY->FACTORY RESET), and that the problem be duplicated.

Should the problem be duplicated, then the following would be recommended:
- a system diagram (hand drawn will generally suffice) identifying the makes and models of each of the marine electronics devices within the system (including computers / tablets running navigational planning / chartplotting applications) may be be requested to support an investigation. The diagram should additionally identify how these devices have been interfaced to one another.

- the system's Ethernet and SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 device data (HOME->SET-UP->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->PRODUCT INFO->SAVE DATA)

- the MFD's logs (HOME->SET-UP->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->SAVE LOGS)

- the MFD's crash logs (HOME->SET-UP->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->SAVE MFDS CRASH LOGS)

- the MFD's system logs (HOME->SET-UP->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->SAVE SYSTEM LOGS)

Upon receiving this data, a problem report will be logged to investigate the problem using received data.

RE: [CA11] LH3 update es128 weather/radar question - rltrbill - 05-13-19 05:14 PM

Thank you-

RE: [CA11] LH3 update es128 weather/radar question - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-14-19 07:43 AM

You're welcome.