Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Lighthouse v3.9.46 in eS127 Reliability - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Lighthouse v3.9.46 in eS127 Reliability (/showthread.php?tid=8311)

[CA11] Lighthouse v3.9.46 in eS127 Reliability - hubesail - 05-21-19 08:03 PM

Hi,

I am having pretty major reliability issues with v3.9.46 in my eS127 units. I have two of these running Navionics charts. I upgraded to v3.9.48 about three weeks ago and have had 10 days underway. It keeps getting worse and worse with reboots, freezing touch-screen, and generally acting screwy. I did read recent posts about a Power-on or Factory Reset after installing this version. I did not do that when it was installed.

What do you recommend to keep it simple and work the issue?

Thanks, Hube

RE: [CA11] Lighthouse v3.9.46 in eS127 Reliability - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-24-19 09:46 AM

Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Hube,

It is recommended that a power on reset be performed to any MFDs which have been updated to LightHouse 3 v3.9.46. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to perform a power on factory reset to Raymarine MFDs.

It is also recommended that the Sonar Logging feature be switched OFF and that a started track not be left in that state indefinitely.

Finally, it would be considered to be a best practice that any time that the vessel anchors or ties up, that any track which as been started be stopped (and saved if so desired). A new track may then be started when the vessel gets underway again.

RE: [CA11] Lighthouse v3.9.46 in eS127 Reliability - hubesail - 05-24-19 01:14 PM

Thanks for the info. Will do that when I return to the boat. I believe the sonar logging is off, but will re-check. I use tracks a lot, but will stop if it's such a data hog.

Best, Hube

RE: [CA11] Lighthouse v3.9.46 in eS127 Reliability - hubesail - 05-31-19 02:47 PM

One quick question. When I do the Power On Reset, do I have to do that for both eS127 units, starting from OFF? Or, does starting the reset on the master perform it on both units?

Thanks, Hube

RE: [CA11] Lighthouse v3.9.46 in eS127 Reliability - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-03-19 08:22 AM

Hubesail,

As indicated within the referenced FAQ, if performing a Power ON Factory Reset, it should be performed individually on each of the system's MFDs, while the system's other MFDs are switched OFF.

RE: [CA11] Lighthouse v3.9.46 in eS127 Reliability - hubesail - 06-09-19 03:04 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the good advice on my reliability issues with LH3. The Power On reset, erasing and not constantly using tracks, and sonar logging off has solved the problem. I operated underway yesterday for 5 hours with no resets or frozen touchscreens.

Thanks, Hube

RE: [CA11] Lighthouse v3.9.46 in eS127 Reliability - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-10-19 09:42 AM

hubesail,

I'm glad to learn of the reported success.