Raymarine forum
a65 to a77 conversion - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Fishfinders (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: a65 to a77 conversion (/showthread.php?tid=837)

a65 to a77 conversion - dog3492cat - 05-17-16 10:46 AM

I want to replace my aging a65 with a new a77, in part so i can re-use my B60 thru-hull 'ducer that is a recommended model for both head units. I have a DSM 25 between 'ducer and current A65. Problem is the 'ducer cable going from DSM 25 to A65 is a different pin pattern than required on A77 so I cannot 'plug and play'. Questions.......with new A77 do I even need DSM any more? If not, cable from 'ducer going in to DSM has correct pin pattern to plug into A77 directly but is far too short. Is extension cable available? REally do not want to buy new transducer if I do not have to, especiallt since I would be buying exact same B60.....again?

RE: a65 to a77 conversion - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-17-16 12:31 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum dog3492cat,

As the fishfinder sounder circuitry is built into the ax7/cx7/e7D/ex7/eSx7 MFDs, no external sounder module is required to support use of the MFD as a 600W 50/200 kHz Conical Sonar Fishfinder. Transducers designed to be mated to a DSM25 will have an identical plug pin pattern to those of currently manufactured transducers for the ax7/cx7/e7D/ex7/eSx7 MFDs. As such, the currently installed transducer's plug may simply be unplugged from the DSM25 and instead plugged into the Transducer socket of the a77 MFD. Raymarine offers the E66074 3m Transducer Extension Cable for Tranducers designed for use with a DSM25 or ax7/cx7/e7D/ex7/eSx7 MFD. Raymarine recommends that no more than one transducer extension cable be used. Should the transducer's extended cable not be sufficiently long, then it would be necessary to instead adapt (part #E66066) the transducer's cable to be mated to CP370 Sounder Module, which in turn would be networked to the a77 MFD's Network socket via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.