Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Remote Card Reader - RCR-SDUSB Slower than Micro Slot in MFD - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Remote Card Reader - RCR-SDUSB Slower than Micro Slot in MFD (/showthread.php?tid=8427)

[CA11] Remote Card Reader - RCR-SDUSB Slower than Micro Slot in MFD - Instigator40 - 06-01-19 07:58 PM

Since my Axiom 12 MFD is flush mounted and a pain to get out I am trying to use a remote card reader for my PRIMARY Navionics chart. However, now that I am using this, the charts seem slower to load than when I had it connect in the Micro Slot in the back of the MFD. Any feedback, could it be my imagination perhaps ? Or it does make sense that it MIGHT be a tad slower...

Thanks for your thoughts.

RE: [CA11] Remote Card Reader - RCR-SDUSB Slower than Micro Slot in MFD - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-05-19 09:56 AM

Instigator40,

I might expect slightly slower reaction to inserting the card or when panning the chart. However, I wouldn't expect the response times from a card which was in the MFD's own memory card reader to differ by much more than 10%.