Raymarine forum
[TG] [TG11] Replacing Dsm300 that failed - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Fishfinders (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: [TG] [TG11] Replacing Dsm300 that failed (/showthread.php?tid=8451)

[TG11] Replacing Dsm300 that failed - Bugsy - 06-03-19 03:23 PM

I have an e125 and an in-hull transducer, I think is the r199 (as well as a digital radome). It looks like the dsm300 had stopped working. Is there an advantage in going to the cp370 at this point if not I could get a used dsm300. I guess I am asking if the cp370 will be a significant improvement over the dsm300.

Thanks!

RE: [TG11] Replacing Dsm300 that failed - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-04-19 08:35 PM

Hello Bugsy,

If the DSM really has failed - most DSMs that got sent back to us as faulty turned out to work fine, the problem lying elsewhere - then I would definitely go the CP370 rather than another DSM. The CP370 is indeed a significant performance improvement. Think of it as the difference in power and economy from a modern engine compared to one of the same size/capacity from 15 years ago, which is when the DSM's design dates from. You'll see better target separation and clarity, better range performance and a world of difference in the hands-free automatic operation.

Regards,
Tom