Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Evo autopilot and garmin gps - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Evo autopilot and garmin gps (/showthread.php?tid=8647)

[CA11] Evo autopilot and garmin gps - relentless - 06-23-19 10:24 AM

Hello
I’m still working through evo autopilot issues with my garmin gpsmap720p, I have been told to but a NMEA 0183 to sign converter made by actisence, before spending another 300$ on this device is raymarine sure this will correct the track issue, I’ve included a video indicating the problem in track mode, if there are any other ways around this problem other then spending more money I would like to go down that avenue

If there is not could you please confirm this additional device will fix my issue

RE: [CA11] Evo autopilot and garmin gps - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-24-19 12:39 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum relentless,

This symptom shown within your video is indeed that which the Actisense NGW-1-ISO-STNG was recommended to address. In this case the NGW-1's NMEA 2000 cable would be plugged into a spur socket within the backbone. The NMEA 0183 input leads of the NGW-1 would be interfaced to the NMEA 0183 output leads/terminals of the Garmin chartplotter.