Raymarine forum
[LW] [LW11] How can I tell if my GA150 is working properly? - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Networking / System Integration (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: [LW] [LW11] How can I tell if my GA150 is working properly? (/showthread.php?tid=8716)

[LW11] How can I tell if my GA150 is working properly? - Keith Pleas - 06-28-19 02:25 PM

I have an Axiom Pro 12 that I'm playing with at home prior to installing on my boat. I've never gotten a GPS fix from my home office, but when I plugged in a GA150 I did indeed get a location. But the Data Sources for GPS only has "Internal GPS". I THINK the GA150 is working - is there anywhere in the Lighthouse UI to see that?

RE: [LW11] How can I tell if my GA150 is working properly? - Louise - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-03-19 05:30 AM

Dear Keith Pleas,

Thank you for your post.

The GA150 is a passive antenna that is connected via a coaxial cable to the Axiom Pro, this does not send a data signal to the plotter to enable you to view it within the Lighthouse software.

The GA150 is using the internal GPS - it is antenna to extend the internal GPS, therefore it is the internal GPS you should be viewing.

Many Thanks
Louise

RE: [LW11] How can I tell if my GA150 is working properly? - Keith Pleas - 07-03-19 08:39 AM

Thank you Louise - have a great day.

RE: [LW11] How can I tell if my GA150 is working properly? - Louise - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-03-19 09:53 AM

You are welcome.