Raymarine forum
RayNet to Backbone - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: RayNet to Backbone (/showthread.php?tid=885)

RayNet to Backbone - olegreg - 05-22-16 08:29 PM

I am trying to connect blue backbone to RayNet.
Or to put this way, connect ACU 400 to HS5 together.

RE: RayNet to Backbone - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-23-16 09:22 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum olegreg,

It is not possible to do as you have suggested. Like other SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 devices, Raymarine's Evolution Autopilot components are designed to be interfaced as spurs to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone. Should the system feature a compatible Raymarine MFD(s), then the Data Master MFD would also be interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng backbone.

RE: RayNet to Backbone - olegreg - 05-23-16 11:19 AM

Yes, I am using a ES127. Quantum goes to HS5 then to
ES127 with Ray Net. So will ES97.Neither device will except backbone size connector. How do I tie them all together?

RE: RayNet to Backbone - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-23-16 12:33 PM

olegreg,

Should you have clicked on the powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone included within the prior response, Raymarine's SeaTalkng Connections web page could have been viewed, show an example of how devices featuring SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 devices are interfaced to one another. In short, the Data Master MFD's SeaTalkng socket will need to be interfaced to a spur socket within powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng backbone. An appropriate length of SeaTalkng Spur Cable (5m max) is used for this purpose. Should a Cackbone Cable already be located in the proximity of the Data Master MFD, then a SeaTalkng T-Piece, 5-Way Connector, or Inline Terminator will be connected to the Backbone Cable. The aforementioned SeaTalkng Spur Cable would then be used to connect the MFD's Spur socket to the SeaTalkng T-Piece, 5-Way Connector, or Inline Terminator. Should a SeaTalkng T-Piece or 5-Way Connector be installed, then a SeaTalkng Termination Plug will need to be installed within the remaining blue backbone socket of this SeaTalkng T-Piece or 5-Way Connector.