Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] ST6001+ Autopilot compatibility - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] ST6001+ Autopilot compatibility (/showthread.php?tid=8904)

[CA11] ST6001+ Autopilot compatibility - twocanoes2 - 07-16-19 11:24 AM

I currently have a complete Raymarine system on my sailboat (Chartplotter, radar, tridata, wind, autopilot). I am looking at replacing everything but the ST6001+ autopilot with new Garmin equipment (only because I currently have access to a very attractive Garmin discount). I see that the Garmin 7610xsv chartplotter will output NMEA 0183 data and that the ST6001+ autopilot will accept NMEA 0183 input. Am I correct to conclude that I could hook up the new Garmin equipment and the ST6001+ autopilot and have it all play together correctly?
Thanks in advance for the help.

RE: [CA11] ST6001+ Autopilot compatibility - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-22-19 12:06 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum twocanoes2,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Should the Garmin product support 4800 BAUD NMEA 0183 v2.1 or higher and support transmission of the data items listed via any of the NMEA 0183 sentences listed below, then the autopilot should respond to navigational data associated with a Go To Waypoint/Cursor or Follow Route Command. it will be necessary to use to autopilot's control head to engage Auto, Track, and Standby modes.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3339]