Raymarine forum
Evolution AP Calibration Bad Value - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Evolution AP Calibration Bad Value (/showthread.php?tid=894)

Evolution AP Calibration Bad Value - robertdungan - 05-23-16 09:58 AM

Evolution AP, P70 head, ACU-200, type 2 short linear drive
Installation underway by Raymarine certified installer.
I have two issues at the moment.
1) I feel that he has set the new mechanical rudder stops too tight (plus minus 26 degrees) which is considerably less than the boat designer/builder provided. Out on the water probably not an issue but around the docks .... I'll deal with this one later after we resolve a primary issue.
2) Primary issue. Unit is installed and we are starting 'dockside' calibration (boat is out of the water and on the hard). Doing rudder position calibration. Center rudder, hard port, hard starboard, center rudder. At this point we get the message "Bad Value". This message is less than explanatory. What is it likely complaining about? Note that as we turn the wheel we can see the rudder position indicator moving as expected. It does read about 8 degrees port when rudder is centered. The installer seems to think that relocating the rudder position feedback position will help. I'd have thought that calibration was setting the values for this. Any ideas?

RE: Evolution AP Calibration Bad Value - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-25-16 07:32 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Robert,

Your installer's thoughts are correct. The 8 degree error in the center position will cause this message to be displayed ... it is simply too far off center necessitating that correction of the rudder reference unit's installation be performed.

RE: Evolution AP Calibration Bad Value - robertdungan - 05-25-16 07:53 AM

Thanks Chuck. Because he was looking kind of confused too. Hopefully that will resolve this issue. Then I can fight with him about the rudder stop issues.

RE: Evolution AP Calibration Bad Value - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-25-16 08:22 AM

You're welcome.