Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Autopilot accuracy - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Autopilot accuracy (/showthread.php?tid=9039)

[CA11] Autopilot accuracy - tmod30 - 07-26-19 05:33 AM

I have a newly installed chart plotter (Es75) and a Evolution wheel pilot. All seem to be working well, however when I instruct via the chart plotter to "go to curser" the boat tracks accordingly but it "arrives" well short of the mark. Also, when I plot a course via the char plotter, the actual course is also well short of what I input. Is there something I need to do to calibrate or otherwise adjust the autopilot or chart plotter?

RE: [CA11] Autopilot accuracy - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-30-19 03:08 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum tmod30,

The radius of the arrival circle surrounding a waypoint being navigated to is not determined by the autopilot ... it is determined by the navigational system supplying the autopilot with steering data ... in this case, it is the eS75 MFD. The default setting for the arrival circle radius is 0.1nm and may be adjusted to suit the speed of the vessel. The command sequence for accessing the arrival circle radius within a MFD running LightHouse II v19.03 software is HOME->SET-UP->ALARMS->SAFETY ALARMS->WAYPOINT ARRIVAL->WAYPOINT ARRIVAL RADIUS. The command sequence for accessing the arrival circle radius within a MFD running LightHouse 3 v3.10.39 software is HOME->ALARMS->SETTINGS->(waypoint) ARRIVAL RADIUS.