Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Speed and Distance Trails / Logs - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Instruments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=117)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Speed and Distance Trails / Logs (/showthread.php?tid=9399)

[CA11] Speed and Distance Trails / Logs - cray - 08-28-19 02:13 PM

I am trying to set up a screen on our HT ES127 for Speed and Distance Logs. Configuring the custom data screens is really easy, but is there a hard button that I could push to start / stop / reset the data without having to go into the menu and hitting reset? Is there a better way to do multiple trips, with and against the current, to capture the same data in a Log? We are considering changing the prop on our boat and wanted to get some solid data first before shopping. Thanks in advance.

RE: [CA11] Speed and Distance Trails / Logs - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-29-19 09:42 AM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum cray,

Q1. Is there a hard button that I could push to start / stop / reset the data without having to go into the menu and hitting reset?
A1. Negative

Q2. Is there a better way to do multiple trips, with and against the current, to capture the same data in a Log?
A2. Not really. MFDs running LHII software support up to four Ground Trips which may be manually reset in the manner which you have noted (i.e. HOME->SET-UP->TRIP RESETS). As these Ground Trips cannot be paused/stopped, I can only recommend that a single ground trip be used, that its value be noted at the end of each test scenario, and that it then be reset to begin the next test scenario.