Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Full details and tide in C80 - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Full details and tide in C80 (/showthread.php?tid=9488)

[CA11] Full details and tide in C80 - Ray - 09-09-19 07:31 AM

Hi,
I have a C80 from 2005. This summer I have downloaded the latest Navionics charts. However I don't get full detail, such as depth figures, names of islands and marked main routs. From looking through the Forum here I realize that I may benefit from upgrading the C80 software. Will that do the trick?

Reading about all the fantastic features that will come with the C80 upgrade I note that tide will also be presented. Up until now I only sailed in Sweden, so tide has never been an issue. I now plan to sail further down in Europe where the tide is huge. Do I need to somehow arrange for internet access from the C80 to be able to see current and water level difference? How do I do that?

Or it is time to consider new plotter to get full details on tide and currents?

RE: [CA11] Full details and tide in C80 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-09-19 04:15 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Ray,

The first thing which I would recommend is that you ensure that the Declutter feature (PRESENTATION->DECLUTTER) has been configured to OFF and that the Chart Detail feature (MENU->CARTOGRAPHY SET-UP->CHART DISPLAY) has been configured to DETAILED or EXTRA DETAILED. Should neither of these settings restore the desired level of chart detail, then it would indeed be recommended that the MFD be updated with C-Series Classic v5.16 software as the next step in resolving this problem. As indicated within the FAQ found here, should one not already possess a CF memory card which has been successfully used in the past to update the MFD's software, then it would be recommended a CF memory card which has been populated with the latest C-Series Classic MFD software be purchased from Radar Marine. As indicated therein, the reported symptom may also be indicative of a failure of the MFD's memory card reader. The operational state of the MFD's memory card reader is typically verified by testing the MFD with another chart card or verifying that the MFD can save waypoint data to a CF memory card.