Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Radar upside down and backward - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Radar (/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Radar upside down and backward (/showthread.php?tid=9493)

[CA11] Radar upside down and backward - Theman772 - 09-09-19 11:06 AM

Hi I have a a128 and a 18 inch Digital radar dome
My radar is reading backwards upside down
And I can’t get it to over lay on my chart
I am thinking its got to have something to do with Position
My chart Function works fine I can do heads up course up north up
Same thing with the radar Nothing changes

RE: [CA11] Radar upside down and backward - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-09-19 03:56 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Theman772,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

RE: [CA11] Radar upside down and backward - Theman772 - 09-10-19 08:46 AM

My radar is upside down backwards on the radar screen
And I can’t get it to overlay on my chart
We talked before when I couldn’t change my chart to heads up
Course up something wasn’t set Wright now I can use the course up
Heads up on my chart
What is or how do I find out what my radar is using for my position
I think my radar thinks I am going the opposite way it’s off 180 degrees
Once I get it to overlay then I do the adjustment?

RE: [CA11] Radar upside down and backward - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-16-19 03:16 PM

Theman772,

Please refer to the previously specified FAQ for instruction regarding how to use the Radar Bearing Alignment feature. As indicated therein, the Radar Bearing alignment should be performed when viewing the Radar application in Head-Up orientation and should be adjusted to place a distant object which is located dead ahead of the vessel beneath the ships heading marker displayed within the Radar application. Upon completion of this step, any misalignment is likely the result of incorrect heading (necessitating adjustment to the alignment of the heading source), inaccurate COG (such as one would encounter with a slow or maneuvering vessel within a system lacking a heading input) or a leeway vector which is relatively large in relation to the vessel's heading vector. Should the radar not appear correct within the Radar application after having been aligned or should it not retain its alignment, then it would be recommended that the radome be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

As discussed during our phone conversation, your Raymarine system does not appear to be interfaced to the older Robertson autopilot ... at least in a way which would have supplied it with heading data. This is evidenced in the black dot rather than vessel icon displayed within the MFD's Chart application when the vessel is at its dock. Should one desire to add heading to a system such as yours, then it would typically be recommended that an E70096 EV-1 CCU be installed and interfaced to a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to which the system's Data Master MFD has also been interfaced. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how one may construct a simple SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to interface a pair of devices which will be located no more than 12 meters (cable routing distance) from one another.

RE: [CA11] Radar upside down and backward - Theman772 - 10-05-19 09:09 PM

I did the adjustment when I opened it up I I have a yellow line going straight ahead and a red line just about 180 degrees it looked like all I had to do is line up the lines because I am using mog I have to be going 2 knots
Thanks Chuck big help

RE: [CA11] Radar upside down and backward - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-07-19 10:22 AM

You're welcome.