Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 9 addition with ES127 - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Axiom 9 addition with ES127 (/showthread.php?tid=9502)

[CA11] Axiom 9 addition with ES127 - RKW68 - 09-10-19 07:01 AM

I currently have a ES127 , connected to a CP 470 with a M265 L/H Chirp transducer. I can get a good deal on a Axiom 9 RV and wanted to know a few things before I do.
1) How to connect the Es127 to the Axiom and is this necessary.

2) Will the Axiom 9 be able to use my existing CP470 / M265 setup. I do not have room to mount a transom mount transducer because my boat has a large Armstrong bracket.

RE: [CA11] Axiom 9 addition with ES127 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-11-19 12:27 PM

Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum RKW68,

Q1) How to connect the Es127 to the Axiom and is this necessary.
A1) While it is presently possible to interface an eS/gS-Series MFD to an Axiom / Axiom Pro / Axiom XL MFD (each running the latest available LightHouse 3 software), it is unlikely (due to processing limitations of the eS/gS-Series MFDs) that the Raymarine will continue to produce LightHouse 3 software for the eS/gS-Series MFDs after this year. That said, the MFDs would be interfaced to one another via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable or via a HS5 RayNet Network Switch to which each MFD and the CP470 had been interfaced via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable.

Q2) Will the Axiom 9 be able to use my existing CP470 / M265 setup. I do not have room to mount a transom mount transducer because my boat has a large Armstrong bracket.
A2) Yes. The fishfinder features which will be supported by the Axiom 9 MFD will be identical to that which you are currently experiencing with the eS127/CP470/M265 combination.