Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Creating Raster Charts - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: LightHouse Charts (/forumdisplay.php?fid=118)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Creating Raster Charts (/showthread.php?tid=9520)

[CA11] Creating Raster Charts - aml1989 - 09-12-19 01:01 PM

Hi all,

I have two boats, each with a Raymarine eS78 MFD. One updated to Lighthouse 3, the other on Lighthouse 2 (for now).

Is there any software I can use to draw my own charts? Lighthouse, C-MAP or other? My boating area is in Antarctica so no products on the Raymarine/C-MAP chart store or Navionics.

The relevant underwater hazards we have from our old Garmin units so not fussed about depth informaiton.
If I can get a coastline to appear that'd be great - something to see the zoom scale of the chart at a glance, or quickly see where a hazard (saved as a 'Red X' waypoint) is in relaiton to me. The default world-map is missing a few islands!
The chart, as always, will remain purely an aid to navigation.

Thanks in advance,
Andy.

RE: [CA11] Creating Raster Charts - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-12-19 01:31 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Andy,

Unfortunately, the feature which you have requested is not supported. While I do not believe that Navionics offers any cartography coverage for Antarctica, I believe that C-Map may offer C-Map MAX cartography coverage for Antarctica (check out the C-Map MAX AF-M003.45 region).

RE: [CA11] Creating Raster Charts - aml1989 - 09-12-19 02:30 PM

Hi Chuck, thanks for your reply.

I knew I'd seen that one somewhere before but couldn't find the link again! The C-MAP preview charts are an improvement to the basic world ones, but the local islands are still a little... polygonal. Also some missing! I have a good coastline on my (relatively) new Garmin unit with 'Open Sea Map', is there no Raymarine compatible equivalent?
I think that's the one at least, C-MAP and Sea Maps can be too easily mixed up...
I'll keep the C-MAP one in mind if I can't get anything else running.

Many thanks,
Andy.

RE: [CA11] Creating Raster Charts - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-12-19 02:53 PM

Andy,

Q. I have a good coastline on my (relatively) new Garmin unit with 'Open Sea Map', is there no Raymarine compatible equivalent?
A. Negative. I would recommend looking into the C-Map MAX AF-M003.45 region.