Raymarine forum
[CA] [CA11] Anemometer attachment to mounting arm - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Instruments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=117)
+--- Thread: [CA] [CA11] Anemometer attachment to mounting arm (/showthread.php?tid=9530)

[CA11] Anemometer attachment to mounting arm - jpeariso - 09-13-19 02:12 PM

I have Raymarine forward standard arm wind transducer connected to a ST60 wind instrument. The adhesive attaching the transducer head to the mounting arm has failed which allows the head to slide and rotate on the arm. I'm still getting a speed and direction on the display so the transducer is still functional but, the head is at a 90 degree angle to horizontal so the direction is not correct. What type of adhesive should be used to reattach the head? I can tell there's an indexing point to ensure the proper horizontal alignment is achieved but, can't see any evidence of an epoxy or urethane type of adhesive. I don't believe it was assembled with an interference fit. The arm to the mast mount connector appears to have an epoxy as the adhesive.

RE: [CA11] Anemometer attachment to mounting arm - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-13-19 03:29 PM

Welcome to the Raymarine Forum jpeariso,

The transducer and the masthead arm should be aligned via a keyway and key. It would be recommended that a quality super glue (cyanoacrylate), ex. Gorilla Super Glue gel, be used to bond the transducer to the masthead arm.

RE: [CA11] Anemometer attachment to mounting arm - jpeariso - 09-19-19 12:05 PM

Thanks, the Gorilla Super Glue gel worked well.

RE: [CA11] Anemometer attachment to mounting arm - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 09-19-19 01:33 PM

You're welcome.