Raymarine forum
[LW] [LW11] Axiom 9 + Enabling RV-100 transducer elements - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Fishfinders (/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: [LW] [LW11] Axiom 9 + Enabling RV-100 transducer elements (/showthread.php?tid=9673)

[LW11] Axiom 9 + Enabling RV-100 transducer elements - Markus - 10-07-19 06:32 AM

Hello

I am new in this forum but have life-long experience of using different main brand fish finders for inshore fishing.

My new 2019 Faster aluboat came factory installed with Axiom 9’’ MDF and RV-100 transducer. I have experimented some with this setup and have some issues to solve for my application. Could someone advise me what to do?

I am using dual sonar systems in my boat for vertical jigging; I use another brand unit and 83/200kHz non-chirp transducer at mid-ship position. There is too much interference between this transducer and the RM chirp ( as expected of course...). Is there some way selectively to switch off the RV-100 200kHz chirp elements and keep 370kHz Side Imaging elements enabled ? My assumption is that all elements are physically separated and driven by isolated drive stages...If not, could Raymarine consider developing this transducer element SW switch off functionality, I simply don’t want to add more HW such as splitter cables...

All this Could make my day happier with Raymarine product…

RE: [LW11] Axiom 9 + Enabling RV-100 transducer elements - Louise - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-09-19 05:25 AM

Dear Markus,

Thank you for your post.

Currently there is only the option to globally switch off the transducers when you switch of the ping.

I have put this forward to the product manager as a future feature request.

Many Thanks
Louise