Raymarine forum
[LW] [LW11] Axiom Pro with ECI-100, adding stand alone oil temp telegram - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Multifunction Displays (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Thread: [LW] [LW11] Axiom Pro with ECI-100, adding stand alone oil temp telegram (/showthread.php?tid=9779)

[LW11] Axiom Pro with ECI-100, adding stand alone oil temp telegram - mmosberg - 10-22-19 04:10 PM

I have a Yanmar 6LY engine connected to Axiom Pro via ECI-100. The engine is not fitted with an engine oil temperature sensor. I want to be able to monitor the oil temp on the MFD and am planning to install a resistive sensor on the oil distribution block and wire it to a KUS NKC42 analog to NMEA 2000 converter. The KUS unit will be wired to the backbone on a T-piece. The KUS unit will be configured to transmit "Engine Oil Temperature" NMEA 2000 telegrams.

Question: Will the Axiom MFD accept to receive engine data from two different sources? Can I customize my engine data page and get the oil temp signal displayed together with the other engine data?

RE: [LW11] Axiom Pro with ECI-100, adding stand alone oil temp telegram - Louise - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-30-19 05:47 AM

Dear mmosberg,

Thank you for your post.

The Axiom running the latest version of Lighthouse 3 will repeat any of NMEA2000 pgn's on the STng network that it can receive. The PGN 124789 is the PGN for oil temperature, your converter will need to transmit this PGN and the Axiom is display the data.

Many Thanks
Louise