Raymarine forum
[TG] [TG11] St5000+ - Printable Version

+- Raymarine forum (http://forum.raymarine.com)
+-- Forum: Raymarine Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Autopilots (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: [TG] [TG11] St5000+ (/showthread.php?tid=9912)

[TG11] St5000+ - Geoff0499 - 11-14-19 02:58 AM

I am having issues calibrating my autopilot - has previously worked well

I can complete the compass deviation correction getting a deviation of 4deg. The issue is with the heading alignment. I go thro the procedure and get the display heading to agree with my compass heading. I then exit the calibration screen

When I do this the alignment heading remains on the display irrespective of the heading of the boat. Ie set to say 180deg during calibration - after exiting calibration 180deg remains the displayed heading

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

RE: [TG11] St5000+ - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-19-19 08:57 PM

Hello Geoff0499,

Is the indicated heading static from power-up, or does it respond normally up to a point and then stop changing? If the latter, what is the trigger for it stopping responding?
  • Heading that is completely static from power-up is usually a faulty fluxgate compass, though if this were the case I would not expect the compass swing to complete.
  • Heading that is dynamic at start-up and then stops changing at some time after without any buttons being pressed is usually either a Data Loop (data cycling between two networks, e.g. Seatalk and NMEA0183, and the same stale data value being passed between the networks) or a broken winding in the fluxgate compass.
  • If the heading only stops responding when you perform some action, what is the action?

Regards,
Tom